La Licorne by Maxthebuilder - 32-gun frigate from Hahn plans

here we go, 

I decided to make my first model in Admiralty and I collected the plans from the internet site,  spend times to study and thanks to this forum I figured it out how to try to build my first model.

I choose " la Licorne" because I like the French -British frigates. and she got a bit history: 1755 she was a French frigate then captured by British in 1778

soon more pics shall  be attached to check the progress.

I'm ready to listen and to read all suggestions and criticism on it.

I hope all professionals  here  can be little patient with an amateur as I am.

• The title was changed to La Licorne by Maxthebuilder - 32-gun frigate from Hahn plans

Hello Max, welcome aboard. You will find a wealth of information on this forum. Feel free to ask away.

Are you sure that you truly want to pursue a model, such as this, for your first model? That will definitely prove to be a 'very bold endeavor'

Best of luck to you!  

"The journey of a thousand miles is only the beginning of a thousand journeys!"

Current Build;

1776 Gunboat Philadelphia, Navy-Board Style, Scratch Build 1:24 Scale

On the Drawing Board;

1777 Continental Frigate 'Hancock', Scratch Build, Admiralty/Pseudo Hahn Style, "In work, active in CAD design stage!"

In dry dock;

Scratch Build of USS Constitution... on hold until further notice, if any.

Constructro 'Cutty Sark' ... Hull completed, awaiting historically accurate modifications to the deck, deck houses, etc., "Gathering Dust!"

Corel HMS Victory Cross Section kit "BASH"... being neglected!

Hi Tmj, thanks for your encouragement, I'm fully aware that  this could be a really challenge and bold endeavour, and if I fail ,( and I will for sure ) I'll remake it and remake it again. and I'm sure from  this forum and from esteemed modellers as all of you are, I can get great support and suggestion.

cheers 

Welcome to MSW, Max.    I'm looking forward to your build.   If you don't have it, I recommend getting a copy of Hahn's book "Ships of the American Revolution" (going from memory on this title).  She's an interesting ship, IMO.  I built one but for "reasons" never finished it but I still have the plans and hope I live long enough to finish the projects currently underway and then do another Licorne and this time, finish it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

23 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Welcome to MSW, Max.    I'm looking forward to your build.   If you don't have it, I recommend getting a copy of Hahn's book "Ships of the American Revolution" (going from memory on this title).  She's an interesting ship, IMO.  I built one but for "reasons" never finished it but I still have the plans and hope I live long enough to finish the projects currently underway and then do another Licorne and this time, finish it.

Thanks Mtaylor, I've already went through your topic and to me is enlightening, I've take inspiration on it. I hope you'll find the way to finish 

Cheers