popeye the sailor

Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - dual build -finished

Nah.  Popeye remembers the old days when lobster claws used to be 'pinned' with wood pegs.  Treenails should do the trick!!!!!!

Looking good, Popeye.

It looks to me that you have made so much catching lobsters that you were able to buy a new boat.  Well done I say.  Well done indeed.

Bob

that's true Augie........that's how they used to do it.   the animal rights activists thought that was inhumain.......isn't eating them just as bad?

no Bob.......he just has a very good pit crew.........LOL!   thanks for the good word

that's true Augie........that's how they used to do it.   the animal rights activists thought that was inhumain.......isn't eating them just as bad?

The animal rights activists want to eat them also.  So eating is not bad . . . eating lobster is GOOOOD.

Bob

Popeye,

Fishermen often take a lot of pride in the condition of their boats.  Look at the state of general maintenance on these lobster boats moored amongst the yachts at Perkins Cove.

post-5-0-35713200-1362168405_thumb.jpg

And I remebered this parking restriction sign - obviously put up just for you! :)

post-5-0-64185000-1362168408_thumb.jpg

John

this is the reason why I didn't weather the boat......it's so confusing.  I'll do a bit more to the traps anyway.   I also have to furnish the interior.  thanks for the pictures John......I've seen lots of pictures though......you can see just how versital this type of ship really is.

Edited by popeye the sailor

Those traps look really good on Denny-Zen, Popeye, she's almost ready to hit the beach to catch em' lobsters :) 

By the way, if you should happen to catch a rare albino lobster, kindly send it my way so I could add it to my "lobster collection" ;) 

While I've been playing around with the AmericA build,   I took a little time to work up the buoys for the traps.   the ones supplied in the kit are too big.....   I took different size dowel and cut up a bunch of billets.

post-612-0-59536100-1362717747.jpg

post-612-0-31441500-1362717761.jpg

I don't have near enough of the really small dowel.......so I scaled up just a little.....I have plenty of bamboo skewers.   I was going to drill through to the other end,  but I didn't have a way to get them on center,  so I just drilled one end.

post-612-0-85778800-1362718011.jpg

post-612-0-75765200-1362718019.jpg

After shaping them with my dremel......I had to sand them the rest of the way.....I made eight of them.

post-612-0-80229100-1362718120.jpg

I already put the first color on one of them

post-612-0-64760300-1362718164.jpg

after they were all sanded,  they were painted the first color

post-612-0-99563200-1362718212.jpg

then they were given the second color

post-612-0-93920000-1362718252.jpg

post-612-0-91890700-1362718266.jpg

later I will band them with white, and paint the eyebolt on the end,  a flat black.   I'll have the five for the traps,  and extras to stow in the compartments with some rope.   I hope to find some time tomorrow to make other fittings for the lobster boat. 

as far as the Phylly C .......I didn't do much with her at the moment.   I did manage to pair up the skis and paint them.

post-612-0-78874800-1362718565.jpg

I want to do a bit more to them,  as well as the bindings.   I'm still thinking of other aspects to put in  the build.......I'll get back to these two soon! ;)

thanks Frank,  John and Patrick!   they'll look even better when I get them striped and in place.   you know.....this really isn't such a bad idea.......posting a dual build like this....    my only suggestion for anyone planning a future build of this nature,  is to do  'like'  builds.... battle ships,   sail boats......etc.   this sort of a taffy pull brings up some pretty funny comments......:)  I can see that anyone who read this build log in the future better have the bathroom close by........'cuz their gonna wet their pants browsing through it!  LOL!  ;)

love you guys...........I love a great sense of humor  :)

in light of all this.........can you imagine the stress the skier would be under.......grabbing a buoy while holding onto the rope...........holy dislocation Batman!!!!!

"bring'er around Ralph.......Bobby tripped on a buoy again!"  :o     I always knew that guy had two left skis!  ;)

I could use a few of those floats for pan fishing with my fly rod!

no I just have to get working on the two lovebirds again........that'll put everything on an even keel.  :)

I made the sail for the Denny-Zen today........progress soon........I will try  ;)

oh man....at first I thought you really were making a 6 pack (maybe of old fashioned milk bottles) and then they turned out to be buoys - what a let down ;) Lovin the details.  Don't forget the little cups that you put your feet into for the skiis.