HMS Victory by clearway - Billing Boats - 1/75

Greeting true .... I took me a week ...
since then my eyes were crossed ....

I might put my progress
wp_20110.jpg
wp_20125.jpg
wp_20124.jpg

I do not open a topic, because being Italian I could write very little.

I congratulate you're doing a great job.

if you want to see my yard this is the link of my Italian forum.

Ty for the likes folks and Ty Olaleon- nice work there. Due to the weather being nice over the weekend (despite the forecast and a dodgy start to the day Saturday) the garden took most of my time- However managed to get most of the Port side coppered- the end is in sight (for that side anyways!). havn't counted but theres over a thousand so far i think. :o

post-12326-0-40790400-1430075722_thumb.jpg

Spring in Cumbria and they are forecasting snow for the next couple of days!!!!!

Keith

Nice build!

XXXDAn

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

Ty for the likes everyone- Lawerence the Vic at the top of the page is not mine but a couple of pics someone posted on my log to show their progress. Mine is a long way to go before the chainplates are in place sorry for any confusion caused. Was  going to say wont ever copper a hull again, but i said that after my Cutty Sark!

Keith

Just a quicky :P - took delivery of the Mantua 1/78 victory etch. Wierd thing is though it is about 20 hammock cranes and a set of cranes for the stunsail boom fitted to the channels short, but has all the brackets for the lamps!? Will have to order another set when back in stock with C.M.B.

post-12326-0-49208900-1431456918_thumb.jpg

Happy building all

Keith

Edited by clearway

Well we all seem to find a diff route, but, get there in the end.

That's the way building goe's.

Take your time Keith, just enjoy it when you can, that's the ticket.

No pressure :)

Frank :piratebo5:

• 1 month later...

After a month or so mucking about with WW2 German half tracks have picked up the courage to pick up the copper tiles and do the rudder!. Built the pintels and gudgeons using brass rod for the pins and 2mm nickel silver strip for the straps.

post-12326-0-78598400-1436037977_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-95698400-1436038003_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-91312800-1436038031_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-31793200-1436038061_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-37539300-1436038091_thumb.jpg

drilled the holes with a 0.7 mm drill and used billings brass pins to fasten to the rudder and hull. Next job when we get a calm sunny day is to polish and lacquer the copper. Have fun all.

Keith

Ty Boyd m8- still been lurking in the fringes for the last month though! and ty for the like phil. Forgot to mention i left the rudder moveable which while taking more time to attatch means that it has that little bit of give when "knocked" because you can guarantee the rudder always gets knocked during the build so if possible always make them moveable.

Keith

got a half decent day yesterday so got the bottom lacquered (still stinks of lacquer in the workshop after 24 hours!) also test fitted the figuerhead which needed a bit of fettling and tweaking to fit. Bit of advise for billings vic builders- trim the forepeak to shape before you add too much detail to the hull as i had to pare a lot of wood off to get it to fit.

post-12326-0-35687700-1436210329_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-07325200-1436210364_thumb.jpg

Keith

The rudder looks the part Keith, great job shipmate.

I to have got my rudder to move even with some packing as waterproof were rudder enters ship stern.

I did knock it some while back so added brass pins.

That's coming on fine me old mucker  :D .

Frank  :piratebo5:

IMHO it's a good kit but you'll need to put up with the paucity of instructions (they assume you know what you're doing) and buy a few extra bits to do it justice (ornaments, lettering etc). With the additional purchases it will still come out cheaper than the CC model.

Philip

Thanks. In the end fortune and luck went my way for once and I just ordered the CC kit...and for £100 less than everywhere else :D

------------------------------------

Regards,

Dominic

Current Build: HMAV Bounty by Caldercraft 1:64

Just found your log, I like the approach you took to the build - I will continue to watch you complete the build - good luck

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Ty for the likes everyone. Gardening taking priority at the moment- however it was raining again this morning so made a start on the yellow stripes. Decided to use run of the mill masking tape as a guide for the yellow striping- will have to tidy up the border with some black paint when i have finished with the yellow. While i like the humbrol matt 74 linen for the yellow it is a bit thick and needs thinning even when brush painting hence the "splodgy" lines.

post-12326-0-25715600-1437333428_thumb.jpg

post-12326-0-31020700-1437333455_thumb.jpg

Another two to three coats should see it right- only one stripe painted on starboard side so far. Have fun all.

Keith