Royal William by Denis R - Euromodel - Scale 1:72

I have to agree. When I ordered my kit, the replies were prompt and courteous. When I ordered some extra guns, I again got the same service. It does appear that these parts - 11247, 248, and 249 are missing from Denis' kit and mine. Sadly, I only realized it after my guns were shipped. I do not wish to trouble Massimo again, so I did not order these parts. I have a plan to scratch build them. 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Hi Keith

All I can say is if other model kit manufactures had the same attitude as Euromodels with their after sales service maybe more people will take up this very satisfying and rewarding hobby.

Denis.

Hi all,

I had contact to Massimo several times. As I go to Milan about 8 times a year I asked him to visit his company someday.  The Lake Como is just about 50 Kilometers from Milan and when I drive to Milan with my car from Germany I come along there always. His reaction was a spontaneous Invitation which I will take in spring. And all the contact with him before I purchased the Friedrich Wilhelm-kit was so pleasant... And above all the delivery of the kit: It did last only 1 single day to have the big big box in my hands... Never had any service like this before. All the conversations are really nice and helpful. If a Company has a Boss like Massimo - nothing can go wrong :)

Cheerio

Max

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Hi Brian,

sure I will do when I am there... HAve to talk with the Admiral if I can have the visacard too :D :D

m.

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

Hi All

Re missing parts that was ordered on the 2/2/2015.

They arrived to day 10/2/2015.

That is service of the highest order.

Well done Euromodels.

Denis.

post-303-0-72185100-1423543357_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-08514400-1423543371_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-52092200-1423543383_thumb.jpg

That's what you call  " Customer Service"......... I've never heard a bad word about Euro Models.... I can see why..

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

• 4 weeks later...

Manufacturers of kits often get kicks for this or that and that is the nature of this forum. So it is good to see that people appreciate the service that Euromodel offers as shown by the above comments. Through a combination of servers in Australia and Italy, Euromodel offers a 24-hour Helpdesk and any queries can usually be responded to within 12 hours. That is the way a company should operate.

Pete

Manufacturers of kits often get kicks for this or that and that is the nature of this forum. So it is good to see that people appreciate the service that Euromodel offers as shown by the above comments. Through a combination of servers in Australia and Italy, Euromodel offers a 24-hour Helpdesk and any queries can usually be responded to within 12 hours. That is the way a company should operate.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I don't know about you but the few times I have sent a message to them, I got an answer in 2 hours or less! When I asked for the missing parts like Denis did, they went on this site to my build log and showed me my own photo that I did have the parts afterall. Their service is unheard of in the kit manufacturer field.

Vince P. :dancetl6:

Last summer, I ordered one of the Euromodel figureheads from Euromodel for my Lyme build.  They were incredibly courteous, and shipped it out the same day before they went on an extended summer holiday.  Impeccable service and very nice people.  I am really looking forward to building the FWZP in the future (which is sitting on my shelf) in part because of their service - their kits are also beauties themselves too!

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Hello Mike,

I already got the FWZP deliverewd - a 14 Kilogramm heavy box full of joy, fun and adventure. 11 Sheets of plans, every one good enough to make a man busy for almost a week or so to understand the drawings :) :)

It will be a great pleasure... but also a even greater challenge to build this masterpiece...

I hope I can follow your log soon. I will start with my FWZP not before next year as I will build the Endeavour before ... and perhaps the frigate Berlin by corel.

best wishes - Cheerio

Max

Hi Max,

The FWZP is an amazing kit, isn't it?  The plans and cast pieces are nothing short of incredible.  I too was surprised at the weight!  I'm probably a good 5-10 years away from starting that kit unfortunately, as I have my current Pegasus and Lyme builds going, and also have the Charles Morgan on the shelf as well.  I think once I get through those kits, I'll hopefully be ready for the FWZP :)

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Hi All

As we are on the subject of praising firms for their excellent service.

I would like to add another firm.

I was shopping round for a Proxxon MF 70 milling machine.

I came across this firm.

My Tool Store in Australia    mytoolstore.com.au 

They are a family firm owned and run.

If anyone wants a good deal you will not do any better then this firm.

Today my Proxxon MF 70 arrived, I also ordered some drills and Kyocera milling bits.

Rob is very helpful.

Have a look at the web site .

Denis.

Yes Dennis, I recently put through another order with them. I have been using them regularly for more than a year now. I agree, they are fantastic. 

BTW they do not stock Proxxon themselves. You may have noticed that they take your order, then send the order to the actual Proxxon dealer, who send the unit to you. The return address on your MF70 should read some address in Tuggerah NSW, whilst Mytoolstore is located in Apsley in QLD. 

How about an update for your build? 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

Hi Keith

Yes I did notice the address it was sent from.

Rob even phoned me asking if all is OK , how many firms will do that and I live in New Zealand.

They will be getting more orders of me that is for sure.

As for an update ha ha, what are you like at painting rooms and outside of house's.

My wife has a baseball bat hanging over my head, I will say no more :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Denis.

Domestic violence and sexism is not on, Denis. She is as capable of painting the house as you are, so give her a paintbrush and do it together :) We have a partnership like that in my house. I mow the lawn, she does the weeding. Or she might do the vacuuming, and I do the mopping. We cook together and wash and dry the dishes together. It works :) 

And yes, she sometimes helps with the ship as well. 

Regards, Keith

Keith

You have not seen my wife paint.

More paint on the floor, window glass, window fittings , 4lts running down her hands and arms.

She thinks sanding is something you find at the beach :D :D :D .

But I am doing some planking now.

Denis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

As I have just about finished the first planking I thought I will have a bit of a change.

So I got my milling machine out and had a go at milling the panes out of the windows.

It took me about 5 hours over two nights to do one.

I did have a problem with the cheap metal, it started to melt even at the milling machines lowest speed of 5,000 rpm.

When most of the metal was removed I trimmed the milling cuts up with a number 11 knife blade.

I now have to file them down and I think they will look OK.

This my first attempt at milling.

When I think it looks OK I will prime and paint them.

After that I will put some liquid glass on the back of the windows.

I have to say the window what I have done looks worse in the photo than it does by just looking at it on the table ha ha.

Denis.

post-303-0-24423800-1427073656_thumb.jpg

Hi Denis, may I suggest two things. 

1. Increase your feed rate. That will reduce the risk of melting the metal. 

2. Try introducing a coolant. I use liquid soap. It works really well. 

How about a sexy picture of your model as she is now? 

Regards, Keith

Hi Denis, may I suggest two things. 

1. Increase your feed rate. That will reduce the risk of melting the metal. 

2. Try introducing a coolant. I use liquid soap. It works really well. 

How about a sexy picture of your model as she is now? 

Hi Keith

I have tried feeding it slow and fast but the metal still melts.

As for using liquid soap good idea but I am not sure about that as the window panes are only 2mm x 3mm or less and I will not see where I am cutting.

I could end up milling the glazing bars off.

I will give it a go on the next one.

As for photos we will see ha ha.

Denis .

OK Denis, but your legion of fans who sit by patiently waiting for updates will not be happy :) Very soon the pitchforks will be out! 

Regards, Keith

G'day Denis

I'm holding my breath for more photos was well.

KeithW, you can't talk, because my face is turning blue for your updates. Lol

Cheers

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hello Keith

Sorry about the photos :( .

But my wife has been taking the pitchforks out of my back already :D :D .

When I recover from my injuries I will post some :o :o .

Greg can you hold on for another 3 weeks ;) ;) ;) .

Denis.

Hi all

Well I had a go at painting one of the windows tonight.

I am not sure if the brown door is too dark any ideas ??.

It is Tamiya acrylic XF-10.

Denis

post-303-0-88294900-1427529388_thumb.jpg

Hi Denis ... yeah , that color looks a little too dark ,might want to try and lighten it up a bit

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi all

Yes still doing the windows.

But I have put the milling machine away.

I have found it better by putting a drill in my Dremel.

Then drill some holes, I then used the side of the drill as a milling bit to remove the surpluse metal.

I then finished off with a knife and file.

Denis

Hello Denis, have to agree with Frank(to dark)A lighter walnut or oak maybe,walnut would look more in tune.Try a few sample pieces?,Had a call from Urmilla's uncle(from South NZ) ref Cricket hope your not sobbing.I must say the world cricket championship has been very entertaining,Edwin

Hi Edwin

I am getting more paint tomorrow.

No I am not sobbing over the cricket, but we was going to go over to the MCG but the tickets were sold out ( thank god ha ha ).

I only sobbed when England went out ha ha.

Denis.