English Pinnace by MikeB4 - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:24

Righteous results, Mike. I especially liked how you powered through your bother in November 

Mark Anderson 

Seattle, Washington 

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want

Current build: Model Expo Glad Tidings, Pinky Schooner

First builds:

Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack

Midwest Chesapeake Bay Flattie

On 6/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Tigersteve said:

Mike- congrats! It came out great. Finally started mine and not looking forward to planking. ;-) What's the next project...Mayflower?

Steve

I'm leaning towards the New Bedford Whale Boat. I here that the Mayflower is a bear to plank because of the shape of the bow. I don't need another bear to wrestle at this time.

Mike that is one fine looking result. I learn something every time I build and I have learned so much in the few months I have been on this site. I constantly had issues bending wood for planking. I dry bent, soaked in water, soaked in ammonia (NEVER AGAIN) and was getting pretty frustrated. Then I read this log that mentioned steam. So I went on Amazon, bought a steam cleaner with a nozzle attachment and it makes things so much easier. You can bend and twist with ease. If you build the Mayflower it has a blunt bow and I wish I would have known about steam at the time. That boat must have been a rough ride plowing into the seas.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

Mike - I lost your log, somehow it stopped 'following'.  Your build came out wonderfully. Many fine details that add so much to the overall looks. Congratulations!

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

• 3 years later...

She looks very handsome indeed. Thanks for sharing your bumps along the way; most instructive for me as I attempt to build this kit.