Flower-Class Corvette by kpnuts - FINISHED - Revell - 1/72 scale - PLASTIC - modified as 1960's Bat Boat

Hi all I started this kit ages ago but it got shelved (can't remember why) but I had an idea to re motivate me , it's going to become a 60s version of the bat boat, I have the Airfix jet engine which I will be adding, with some lasers and other bits, I guarantee this will be like no corvette you ever saw.
2v0ebyo.jpg
au9jfa.jpg
9bdgxt.jpg
307onj6.jpg

Hi all done a bit more.

fru6b.jpg

33l1kpd.jpg

1z1epaa.jpg

w8ol7n.jpg

As you can see there's no real detail to the jet engine, I know it's meant to be an educational toys to teach kids how a jet engine works and to be see through but I fail to see how this teaches anything, no injectors no pipe work for fuel just some blades which spin and some lights, I think Airfix missed a trick here. And for very little work on their part.

I know nothing about jet engines but I know they need injectors to get the fuel where needed and fuel obviously but here is no indication of either here.

33xbpdf.jpg

Hi all here is the next installment

2mhd936.jpg

pta9u.jpg

9rjfnr.jpg

nmg56v.jpg

I must say I'm enjoying this very much, freedom from anyone saying "that's wrong" is so liberating and I'm loving the fact I can use my imagination to find stuff for making 60s style futuristic stuff ( I thought at the start of this build that the corvette lent itself to that era, modern stuff would be either squarer or more streamlined)

Hi all well I've finished detailing the jet engine, I was going to make an inspection panel in the casing so you could see the detailing but since it is curved in all directions I couldn't work out how to hinge it so you won't actually see any of it but, hey I know it's there.

2ahv1x2.jpg

rhqu8n.jpg

I loved Jeff Lyns version of war of the world's, great music .

Hi all I just feel like I should apologise to all the people following my other ship builds, I've not forgotten them, I'm just having so much fun with this I can't concentrate on them, is that selfish? Sorry, I will get back to them again,  and to those who don't like what I'm doing to this, I blow raspberrys at you.

• 1 month later...

Hi all doing some research (I've no idea of the size of these and can't seem to find overall dimensions) I thought these would help in stabilisation either side, would you all agree, 1/72 seahund type xxv11b, I wouldn't be modeling them as submarines more outriggers with maybe some cannons or lasers attached.

• 5 months later...