Jolie Brise by IgorSky - FINISHED - Scale 1/240 - BOTTLE - Pilot cutter

Good morning Igor, just catching up, your work and skill at this scale is simply incredible. every time i check in I am not only amazed but also learn some new way of accomplishing some detail.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Good morning Michael and many thanks for your feedback!
Every time I come up with a way to do something new, I'm also not quite sure about the result. So I'm just trying to do it. Sometimes the result justifies expectations, but sometimes I have to look for another solution. But this, of course, is an interesting and fascinating process :)

Edited by IgorSky

5 minutes ago, IgorSky said:

Sometimes the result justifies expectations, but sometimes I have to look for another solution. But this, of course, is an interesting and fascinating process

I believe this is the main reason that keeps me involved in the hobby, although I prefer to work at a larger scale this same principle holds, and the great thing is that so many of the ideas that get shared on this forum are transferable from scale to scale.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

14 minutes ago, michael mott said:

I believe this is the main reason that keeps me involved in the hobby, although I prefer to work at a larger scale this same principle holds, and the great thing is that so many of the ideas that get shared on this forum are transferable from scale to scale.

Michael

Yes, it is so, Michael!
Often it is necessary to seek a compromise between the size of the part, the authentic appearance, strength and the ability to use this part in the design, taking into account the subsequent assembly of the model in the bottle. And sometimes it seems that you have already reached a certain limit .... But then it turns out that a small change in the design or technology of making a part essentially pushes this limit :)

Then I made a couple of belaying pin planks for the stern of the boat and installed them in their places. Then I tried to stretch a loop from the thread between the plank and the board. In the future, I plan to use such loops to guide rigging in hard-to-reach places inside the bottle

034.thumb.jpg.16ff5e8742c3259a38d5e4af82738f89.jpg

035.thumb.jpg.e02192ad8fde01f17d4ff2f474b5aaf1.jpg

036.thumb.jpg.6eaa5d8f8d31eac84f469a6fa86d6bff.jpg

037.thumb.jpg.b8837f10a3a0773e6f4eb81dae8abe18.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

Excellent "mini scale" work Igor,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 2 weeks later...

a lovely rig and sails Igor,

jolly good that "Jolie Brise"  :)...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Exquisite! What is the sail material?

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co.