L' Hermione by MESSIS - Artesania Latina - 1/89 - 2nd build

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

If my english is correct, then I have just finished the gunwale and the bulwark.

I believe gunwalle is the top part of the bulwark... there where a sailor could lean his hands and look over the sea the sun setting into the horizon.

20190716_130429.jpg

20190716_130353.jpg

20190716_125941.jpg

Edited by MESSIS

• 2 weeks later...

Still working, even in the current heat! Very nicely done. You must be tired after dragging the galley around

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

The roof of the galley is installed. Its a watertight copper panel, that was filled with water. Thee two copper ducts of the stove were passing through this cooling system, in order to keep the stove radiation as low as it was possible.

I hope you can see the water...🦆.. I have poured in.Its a vallego scenery liquid.

20190730_135458.jpg

20190730_143916.jpg

Edited by MESSIS

Main deck on the go. Belaying pins and tables, ramhead of the fore mast.... and ofcourse always dos and redos!

The copper of the galley cooling panel, went dark. It seems the cooper got the humidity of the vallejo scenic water.

So a new panel was remade.

20190806_131959.jpg

20190806_123119.jpg

20190806_123609.jpg

20190806_123049.jpg

Edited by MESSIS

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much... its the vallejo paints. "Helmsman", is it the wrong word for referring to the man on the wheel? Propulsion on sailboats is the wind power!😊

Edited by MESSIS

Helmsman is good, but you don't need one without the sails if you are missing another form of propulsion.

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Stem fnished. Lot of work.... lots of fan. The figurehead in place, the Lion with the coat of arms, the net, the gratted floor and ofcourse on top the two catheads (anhor windlasses). Sorry for the letters on the pic, its the cathead in greek... καπόνι! (kaponi)

stem.jpg

Edited by MESSIS

@Louie da fly thank you Steven. Yes on the stern and also on the stem,in the lions hands. You must imagine, the scale is 1/89, so it was impossible to succeed  more sharpness. The stem coat of arms  is bigger, so its sharper than the one the lion holds.

Edited by MESSIS

• 2 weeks later...