Looking great Matt. Those railings are a great look and no small thing to get right. Well done!

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Thanks, Glenn.  Yes, they are tricky.  I think this would be some of the things Chuck refers to as "fiddly bits".  And I agree.  I've actually been working on these railings for months, but in really small time increments.  That has given me a lot of time to think about what I was doing, which helped me do a better job on them.  

Current Build:

HMS Winchelsea 1:48 (Group Project)

Completed Builds:

Virginia 1819 Artesania Latina - 1:41 

I then proceeded to knock one off while doing fenders. Fortunately it was PVA glue that gave and not the wood, so it was an easy fix. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

• 1 month later...

I know what you mean, Frank.  My kids are in high school sports, so I spend a lot of time at games and meets. And I’ve been traveling for work way too much this year.  I’ve got a long trip to the UK coming up this fall and I’m hoping to visit the National Maritime Museum while I’m there.  Don’t get me wrong: I love going to my kids events and I know this time is fleeting.  I also love what I do for work and I’m getting a lot of time with customers this year.  But I have a place picked out to display Winnie, and instead she’s on the bench being neglected.

Current Build:

HMS Winchelsea 1:48 (Group Project)

Completed Builds:

Virginia 1819 Artesania Latina - 1:41