Hi to all from Tijuana MX.

Hi to all from Tijuana MX.

My name is Sergio and I just started this wonderful hobby a couple of months ago.

So far, my first build was a Titanic 1/700 Academy model, finished it in a week and I was hooked.

I got my second model, another Titanic scale 1/400 from Academy but the premium edition and I'm amazed of all the detail that comes with.

I will post pictures shortly of the advance of my build.

Good night to all.

Welcome to MSW, Sergio.   By all means, open a log in the kit area for your new Titanic.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

¡Bienvenida a nuestra comunidad, Sergio! Please start a separate build log where you can share your pictures, and tell us here when you've done so. I hope you continue to enjoy this really fun hobby.

Welcome to MSW Sergio.  I am looking forward to seeing your Titanic model.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Sergio,

Welcome!   :722972270:

I would invite you to come to the San Diego Ship Modelers Guild meetings, but the Maritime Museum (where it is held) is closed for the duration of COVID and I suspect border crossings are clogged with reduced lanes.  Stay tuned.

Chuck

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

I hope you do start a build log and I look forward to seeing the progress on your Titanic. I'd expect a 1:400 model to have a lot more detail than the 1:700 - It would be interesting to see how much extra.

Steven

Thanks for the photos. Looking forward to seeing your build log. 

When I was in Southampton UK about 11 years ago they had the whole upper floor of the Maritime museum there devoted to a Titanic display - it was the port she left from on her fatal voyage. I don't know if they'd still have the display, but the museum might be a useful source of information for your model, and perhaps could refer you to others.

Just out of interest, is there anything in particular that drew you to make two models of the Titanic?;)

Steven

Hi Steven

I've never worked on a scale model before, Always wanted to, but never tried.

So one day I was browsing in Hobby Lobby and saw the 1/700 scale and I thought to myself, why not give it a try.

So I started working on it and I loved it (the hobby I mean). So by the time I was done I wanted a better looking Titanic to display at my house and I thought that the 700 scale was small and the TITANIC deserved nore.

So, that is why I bought the second one with a LOT more detail and LED lighting, I will make a case for it at the home, eventually I will upload photos of it.

Once I'm done with it, I have my eye on the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, she's a beauty.

Sergio