F-16c 35th FW Misawa "803" by Javlin-Tamya 1/48

It has been, Joe. The stuff I read about today on my AF news-feeds was all a pipe dream for us in the 80s. I got shunted into KC-135s in '91 and missed out on all the new stuff in the pipeline. I was a squadron/wing weapons officer for a long time. It was my favorite job. I've been looking at doing an F-15E aka Mudhen. The weapons carried nowadays vaguely resemble the gear we used in Desert Storm.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

3 hours ago, Canute said:

It has been, Joe. The stuff I read about today on my AF news-feeds was all a pipe dream for us in the 80s. I got shunted into KC-135s in '91 and missed out on all the new stuff in the pipeline. I was a squadron/wing weapons officer for a long time. It was my favorite job. I've been looking at doing an F-15E aka Mudhen. The weapons carried nowadays vaguely resemble the gear we used in Desert Storm.

That will be awsome Ken  - love Strikey's.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

2 minutes ago, Canute said:

You might see an A-7D first.

Just as nice.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Finally I got some motivation to move on this one ...all the right gizmos I Hope!I started the day by liquid masking all the lights and finishing up the copit.The canopy is the clear supplied with the kit #802 is smoked and it's tacked in with SG.The whole plane got a coat of black lacquer primer by Alclad including the wheel wells.The wheel wells will get painted white and it should make for some nice shading in the recesses.The other thing that finally came in took a while was the Avionics F-86 copit kit.;) Kevin

F-16c 001.JPG

F-16c 002.JPG

F-16c 003.JPG

I can't believe the wind and rain continues to happen 30hrs now of rain 7.9" and winds from 25-48mph and of that probably 15/20hrs was 30/48mph lot more significant than Hurricane Nate a couple years ago!Well you can see the trip to head out got cancelled due to the weather just as bad in Gainesville rain wise if not worst so figured could get some time in the shop so we have progress I like the black base panel lines in the Neutral Grey show up well and got the uneven coverage like weathered some.It's starting to look the part ;) Kevin

F-16c 001.JPG

F-16c 002.JPG

F-16c 003.JPG

Looks great!  Stay safe with all that rain - maybe you should be building an ark?

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

I made the rest of the stencils for the aircraft pretty easy.The son just refuses to get back with me about the pilots name maybe tomorrow night he will have the info when we skype for Now their is a new commander of the plane!!That should get him a laugh esp since it no longer his plane he has been outfitted to a support role.My son and I I use to play alot of games back in the day together and as opposites "Call of Duty" being one and we went with the name javlin alot "point of the spear" I told him.:rolleyes:I have painted all the munitions and pods black base then neutral grey not quite as spotty since these pieces probably are better taken care of and stay boxed up.The munitions will take a bit of time for the stencils are few on some of them.The little F84 is for fun wish I would of left it chrome though looked cooler all polished but it shall suffice.

This being my week off figured I run to "The Hub" in New Orleans today pic up some supplies many paints but hey you can't leave without some kits in your possession  1/48 Hase F4J- Phantom ,1/32 Revell Bu-131(not in stash anywhere odd) and 1/72 Do-17 read a review it was a very Nice kit!;) Kevin464458144_F-16c005.thumb.JPG.ad4b9662b070694edc0c2c412d5ba5e3.JPG

F-16c 001.JPG

F-16c 002.JPG

F-16c 004.JPG

Are you using both the AIM-9M and AIM-9X? 

I've never seen photos of them mixed. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

Model Shipways "Benjamin W. Latham"

Completed  builds on MSW:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

27 minutes ago, jwvolz said:

Are you using both the AIM-9M and AIM-9X? 

I've never seen photos of them mixed. 

Don't know all the missile designations Joe but the one on the plane and three in the foreground the one with the tall fins are not going on I guess that's the 9X?

Ah, OK,  I didn't notice that the AIM-120 was missing from the starboard wingtip rail, thus three missiles. 

Yes, the other two in the foreground are AIM-9X Sidewinders. Newer version of the ones in the background. 

I like the F-84.👍

Joe Volz

Current build:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

I continue to move slowly of this have the ordnance installed now with the tanks.I am still fussing over the canopy may just take some ammonia to the clear part of it and take off the future I tried spraying it instead of the usual dip and got foggy some polish helped but not to my liking have to see and think.I still have to put the glass on the sniper pod a decal for the H213 pod and respray the nose after a lite sanding.All in all I have enjoyed this one and learned some things along the way appreciate the info and corrections Joe. ;)

F-16c 001.JPG

F-16c 003.JPG

F-16c 004.JPG

Looking good. Ammonia should certainly do the trick on the canopy.

Joe Volz

Current build:

On 6/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, Javlin said:

may just take some ammonia to the clear part of it and take off the future

I think if you have some window cleaner with ammonia and soak it in that for overnight or something you will come out with a clean canopy. So clean in fact that you will have to start all over.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

look'in good Jav :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch