Cheers from Chile

Greetings from Chile!

Yes... Chile!

Very glad to have found this forum.... I wasnt that much of a ship modeller until a few months ago so i just discover this very nice group.

Started with models some 35+ years ago with a few 1/72 matchbox airplane kits and it has been my hobbyever since with some deviations in between (who aint..) with Marklin HO trains, R/C sailboats and girls.
A friend asked me to build a 1/350 Tamiya Yamato Premium edition back in january of this year and it turned out really good with the addition of a wood deck and some eduard railing. Now im finishing an 1/350 Academy Graf Spee for the same friend and after that i have to tackle the 1/200 Bismarck also for him. In the meantime i just lost interest in aircraft models so i ended up selling pretty much all of the stash (some 200+ unbuilt 1/72, 1/48 and 1/144 kits) and started creating a quite decent 1/350 stash.

In real life im a long time member of the IPMS-Chile main branch (and IPMS-Chile Facebook group admin too), i managed to marry a gorgeous gal, have two wonderful kids and i work as a Naval Architect in a ship design office, but that's another story...

Looking forward to learn tons from you and if i can be of any help, just let me know.

Cheers!

German

Hi German,
here you will find friends from all over the world with your usual "passion" with whom it will be possible and pleasant to share it

Sincerely

Black Wolf

Lupo nero

finished models  Carrack Santa Maria by luponero - scale 1/50 - diagrams of Adametz   

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19739-carrack-santa-maria-by-luponero-scale-150-diagrams-of-adametz-finished/

models under construction Athenian triere of the 5th century B.C  https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25956-athenian-triere-of-the-5th-century-bc/ 

San Giovanni Battista 1598 by luponero - Medicean galleon  https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25930-san-giovanni-battista-1598-by-luponero-medicean-galleon/                                           

Welcome to MSW, German. There are a quite a number of people here also making models similar to yours. Make sure you start a build log for your Graf Spee - even though it's already under way. It's a great way to get help and advice from others who have already been there and found solutions to the inevitable problems that crop up. And some have the most amazing research resources on ships of the type you are building.

(Also, we like to see pretty pictures! :D)

Welcome aboard German. Glad to have you aboard...Adios...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

Welcome to Model Ship World German.  We are glad you found this forum.  You have some nice ships to build and I hope you will start build logs on them.  We have some fantastic builds of plastic ships on MSW and I enjoy following their build logs.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Welcome to MSW, German.    A build log is a great idea as we all learn from each other.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

¡Bienvenido a Model Ship World, German! Me interesa que usted es de Chile. En el año 2018 mi esposa y yo viajamos en su pais para un mes, y pasamos mucho tiempo largo de la costa. Yo escribí sobre esto viaje a Chile en MSW, ¿quizas le interesta leerlo? Planeamos volver, pero ahora no podemos por el virus. Es muy desfortunado, por que durante nuestro viaje nos conocimos a mucho gente y creemos que los Chilenos son muy simpaticos y interesantes. Mi español es limitado, pero he trabajado duro antes del viaje y después, por que los dos queremos volver a su país. Espero que puede me entender. ¡De nuevo, bienvenido!

Hi All!

Thank you very much for your kind welcome...

As for a build log, maybe i will do one with the 1/200 bismarck.... not sure.... everytime i started one i lost interest and in the end the project goes straight to the bin. CAthead, ill be writing you on your post. Lots of familiar places there.

Thanks again!

German