New member from Monterrey, Mexico.

Hi everybody.

These six months staying at home encouraged me to retake modeling, a hobby that I abandoned for several years. I have done almost exclusively plastic models. The last one I finished last month is 1992 Nigel Mansell's Williams Renault. I saw him winning Mexico grand prix that year and I bought this Tamiya model around 1995!

I also like military models.  Pics of some of the recent ones I made are also attached.

My first experience with wooden ships was long time ago, when someone gave me this Artesania Latina Swift model. I can tell you that planking this one was like visiting hell 3 times!!! I didn’t know there were wood bending technics and I did it just by applying force, glue a lot of filling material and hours of sanding; and all without proper tools!

I was so frustrated after that, that I left it without rigging and decided to never again try a wooden ship. But 10 years later I came back to it, rigged it and finished it.

And now I am here with a Corel HMS Victory model with me !!!

I will be sharing with you my building log and for sure asking for help when planking this beauty !

Best regards,

Eugenio.

IMG_6761.JPG

IMG_6550.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

Welcome to MSW Eugenio,

Some nice models there. You have joined the best model ship forum around. You will find everyone here willing to give any advice you may  need.

Good luck with your Victory build, looking forward to your build log.

Paul

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

Hello Eugenio and a warm welcome to MSW

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Nice models

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome to MSW, Eugenio. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome indeed,  you will love it here.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Welcome to Model Ship World Eugenio.  I really like your models and you did a good job on building them.  I am glad that you came back and finished your Swift.  They say the hardest model to build is your first one, so you should have an easier time building your Victory. I look forward to seeing your Victory build log.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Welcome to MSW, Eugenio. All of your models are very impressive. I look forward to following your Victory build. Bueñas suerte.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Eugenio, welcome to MSW. It appears you'll fit right in, enjoy yourself.