Circle Cutter

Note First: This cutter was made entirely for my precision sanding machine, and the dimensions of the disc sanding paper can be more precisely matched to the disc size, because we often need the corner of the disc to operate when sanding small parts, and the size of the disc sandpaper sold on the market, always more or less deviation. I bought a Japanese circular cutter, but when cutting sandpaper prone to a slight shift, and the Center Point perforation is not what I need. The special blade of the cutter needs to be bought extra to be used. When cutting different materials, different types of cutters need to be replaced, which increases the cost output. In addition, the plastic material is easy to deformation, the use of a certain degree of precision defects. I use all-metal design, center bottom anti-slip pad to avoid the operation of the shift, and do not need to perforate, when the cutter travel, because of the metal ring pressing, sandpaper will not produce wave-shaped displacement, to ensure that the cutting size more accurate, smooth edges! :P

DSC02200.JPG.2ff4838992a9e7a466d8d3792be9616c.JPG

DSC02201.JPG.a227ed793691146c9b2e59f425277104.JPG

DSC02203.JPG.14b3020855754ae0169e0c8c5388f4aa.JPG

DSC02204.JPG.63498e4eabbab1a467bd7dcd88dc8a03.JPG

DSC02205.JPG.19581b2704f5afe4e509048310375548.JPG

You should patent this design and get Byrnes Machine Tools to manufacture it under license! It is far superior to the usual plastic cutters.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Very nice workmanship and an innovative design.

For those without these skills, I offer my hillbilly solution-  I buy the closest diameter self stick disc, using the disc as a pattern, draw around it with a pencil and trim with scissors, and stick it on.  Then turn the machine on and use coarse sandpaper glued to a stick to clean up any overlapping edges.

13 hours ago, druxey said:

You should patent this design and get Byrnes Machine Tools to manufacture it under license! It is far superior to the usual plastic cutters.

In my 20 + years as a model, I have designed and built nearly 100 special tools. Only a very small amount is for sale. Due to the lack of domestic demand, it is difficult to find suitable manufacturers (especially the processing of materials and quality) . For me, the design of these tools was well worth it, even though I personally spent a lot of money on them.:P

7 hours ago, Roger Pellett said:

Very nice workmanship and an innovative design.

For those without these skills, I offer my hillbilly solution-  I buy the closest diameter self stick disc, using the disc as a pattern, draw around it with a pencil and trim with scissors, and stick it on.  Then turn the machine on and use coarse sandpaper glued to a stick to clean up any overlapping edges.

Your method is good, for the ordinary sand tray machine is a simple good method. But the precision sander I made needed more precise steps to polish the edges. So the SANDPAPER has to be cut correctly. Please note that the tray edge of the sand tray machine is inclined at a certain angle. At present, the production is still in progress, using the principle of grinding machine, to achieve the polygon grinding of very small parts, so as to facilitate the production of rivets, piles and other parts.

DSC02212.JPG.312be110445e6c1c9e62c3d1fb0e60f3.JPG

DSC02213.JPG.b7ba8d7240e523e05bbcecb567318719.JPG

I can see that the back edge of the sanding disc is relieved, but I don't understand what it is used for. Perhaps you can hold a workpiece against the disc to illustrate the purpose ?

Of course, superbly engineered, as always !

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg