Remaining stock of Syren Rope will be available and how to get it.

cottonpolyrope.jpg

As you guys are aware....I am discontinuing my rope availability....

BUT

I am going to make my remaining inventory available to folks who are currently.....currently....rigging their models with it and need some more to finish it up.  

I will be giving those who are in this position a link to a hidden area of the Syren Store which will have those packages available for purchase.  But because I ONLY want to offer the remaining stock to those currently rigging their models, I am asking those in that predicament to send me a PM.  I will give you that link once I open on Feb 22nd.   

Otherwise everyone and their brother will buy it all in about 20 minutes regardless of their current projects and needs.   

If by chance you are rigging your model RIGHT now and when I open I dont have those sizes in stock, I will make more for you guys.  But only for those in this situation.

So please do send me a PM......I will respond with the link once I open on that Monday.

Thanks....and I hope this will help those currently rigging their models. But nobody should be ordering 20 packages of each size here...so any folks that just go nutty like that will just have the orders cancelled.  So when you PM me.....let me know what you need so I can make sure its in stock when I reopen.  Also give me your actual name so I can make sure nobody else gets hold of the link and wipes out my inventory before you guys can buy it.

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck, good step. i know how stupid people can get.

i would like to ask about tooling for your blocks? i was looking into making them. i am currently on the hunt for a nice proxxon mill, a kit to convert it to cnc mill and i would like to have a go at producing my own blocks. in one of your previous posts you mentioned some special mill bits that cost some around 750 dollars. would you share what they look like and where to get them from?

Thank you

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

I am not going to be revealing those methods just yet.....I just cut my income by 30% discontinuing rope.   So I am keeping the block tutorial proprietary for the time being.  I hope folks will respect that decision.   But once I hang up my apron for good I will create a nice detailed tutorial.

Chuck

I almost forgot....

Once everyone who is rigging a model and needs some rope buy what they need....I will be posting that same link here so I can sell the balance of my rope to whoever wants it.  I have quite a bit of some sizes left.  Its mostly the big stuff that all gone.

Chuck

I’m not sure I follow, are you asking for those only currently rigging, or anyone that wants it? I’d like to get what I need for Flirt, but not unless I can get all I need for that. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Just the folks that need it to finish up rigging Glenn.....not until these get their rope first will I open it up for whatever I have left.  Then everyone can buy whatever I have left.  But I wont be making more after that.  So if there is enough...fantastic.  But if there isnt....then you will have to look elsewhere or make your own.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that everyone who has contacted me about needing rope to finish rigging their current models has bought what they need.

Its been a week and nobody else has contacted me.....

soooo.....

here is the link for that area of my store for anyone to buy what is leftover.

As soon as it is all gone.....thats it for Syren rope.  So get it while you can. 😀

If you dont see a size listed that is because its all gone already.....and as I deplete other sizes I will remove them from the store permanently.   

https://syrenshipmodelcompany.com/boxwood-rigging-blocks.php#!/Ship-Model-Rigging-Line/c/6029025

From your rope tutorial:  "Hope this helps.........start making your own rope. It’s rewarding and FUN!!!!!! Until you have to make 1000 feet per day for seven days every week".

This gave me a good lol.  I hope you are able to move more into the areas that you gain the most satisfaction from (such as designing the Dutch Boyer, etc). 😁.   

Alan

That didnt take long......Its all gone.   The last Syren Rope package has left the building.   Time for a pint!!  :cheers: