Fifie by Tim Moore - FINISHED - Victory Models - 1/32

Happy birthday, Tim!

Job well done!

A beautifully detailed vessel.

So, out of curiosity, how many builds have you completed? How are you displaying them?

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Lyle

"The only thing that stays the same is the constant state of change"

Completed Builds:

Occre HMS Terror - https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2065-hms-terror-occre/

NRG Half Hull Project - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23546-half-hull-project-by-lylek1-nrg/

1:130 1847 Harvey - https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2125-1847-baltimore-clipper-harvey-1130-scale/

Scott Miller's Sea of Galilee Boat https://modelshipworld.com/topic/29007-sea-of-galilee-boat-by-se-miller-120-scale-lylek1/

In progress:

Artesania Latina HMS Bounty - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/26817-hms-bounty-by-lylek1-artesania-latina-148-scale/

Waiting for dry-dock space:

Model Shipways - USS Constitution

Master Korbel - Cannon Jolle 1801

A Scratch build -TBD

Thanks Walrus, Mark, GL and Sam!

Tim Moore

Perfect is the enemy of good

In progress

IJN Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Mikasa, 1:200, Hobby Boss

On Deck
DH.9a Ninak, 1/32, Wingnut Wings
The Blue Sky Company, 1:48, Sierra West Models

Completed  

Fiat 806 Grand Prix 1:12, Italeri; Fifie 1:32, Amati Victory Model; HMS Bounty 1:48, Artesania Latina; Endeavour 1:60; Corel; Miss Severn 1:8, Legend Model Boats; Calypso, Billing Boats; Carmen Fishing Trawler, A.L. ; Dallas Revenue Cutter, A.L., Bluenose, A.L.

5 hours ago, ccoyle said:

Outstanding work and a fine birthday accomplishment!

Thanks Chris - I’m enjoying checking out your Spitfire work, your card models are jewels. 

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

Fiat 806 Grand Prix 1:12, Italeri; Fifie 1:32, Amati Victory Model; HMS Bounty 1:48, Artesania Latina; Endeavour 1:60; Corel; Miss Severn 1:8, Legend Model Boats; Calypso, Billing Boats; Carmen Fishing Trawler, A.L. ; Dallas Revenue Cutter, A.L., Bluenose, A.L.

3 hours ago, LyleK1 said:

Happy birthday, Tim!

Job well done!

A beautifully detailed vessel.

So, out of curiosity, how many builds have you completed? How are you displaying them?

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Thanks Lyle and Merry Christmas to you and yoursI have 10 proper finished builds from my adult years, and I probably need to rethink display. Right now they are scattered in my model cabin and the house. A few years ago at Cathy’s suggestion I installed a bunch of cantilevered glass shelves on a wall in our downstairs rec room. They work well but not nearly enough space. The Bounty is a beast and could really use a proper display in a case. I’d actually like to donate it if I knew an organization that would appreciate and display decently. 
God knows what I’ll do if we move out west!

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

13 hours ago, Nunnehi (Don) said:

Tim, what a beautiful model, most enjoyable! I’m not sure how I missed it, but I just read through your entire log - nicely done!

Don

Thanks for looking in and comments Don!

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Freebird said:

Tim,

Beautiful, beautiful model! Just one question. I understand your method of blackening the wood, but how did you do the blue? It’s so totally awesome!

Best Regards …. Rick

Hi Rick, thanks!
The blue I used on my Fifie is Vallejo Model Air “Steel Blue” 71.087. Although this line of paint is designed for airbrush I find it works really well hand brushed on raw wood and gives a vivid result. I don’t use any sealer or primer. The general inspiration for my Fifie interpretation was the original Reaper, shown here so you can see the authentic blue. I thought it needed to be slightly punchier so took some liberties.

3D5DDB50-81DD-40B3-9E9C-DFD3754E3160.jpeg

AB87836E-7BCB-462B-B2C1-2AFB0024B177.jpeg

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

17 hours ago, Blue Ensign said:

Only just come across your build Tim, and what a beautiful Fifie you have produced.

We seem to have at least three things in common, a love of ship modelling, a shared birthday, and a fondness for fishing boat detail.

Regards,

B.E.

Hey thanks Blue, that’s neat! We probably both ruined our poor mothers’ Christmases with our newborn caterwauling. 

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

• 7 months later...

Hi Tim,

you made a kind comment on my Beagle build so I thought I’d check out your build and … 😳😳😳OMG this is beautiful. Flawless attention to detail. It really is a beautiful build. I may be rankle amateur but I’ll take any praise you give as praise, indeed! Thank you.