I picked up the session for jeff shreve

This might not be the appropriate spot, but I wanted to let you know that when I navigated to ModelShipWorld, it showed me logged in as 'jeff shreve'.

Looks like for some reason an incorrect cookie or session was picked up?!

Finished: Billings Nordkap / Billings Boulogne Etaples / Billings Evelyn / Billings Elbjorn

In progress: Billings HMS Endeavour / Billings HMS Bounty / Caldercraft HMS Pickle / Amati HMS Vanguard / Caldercraft HMS Victory / Caldercraft HMS Badger / Caldercraft HMS Diana / Caldercraft HMS Snake / Amati HMS Pegasus

In the dim distant past: Model Slipway Wyeforce / Mountfleet Models Boston Typhoon (abandoned build) / Bluejacket Charles P. Notman (abandoned)

Yeah, I just posted with a similar issue - except it's showing me as "Reilly".

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Seems odd.  Both of you have posted as I presume your correct accounts (BikerMart and Landlubber Mike).  Clicking on your profile seems to work normally.  The techies may have an idea

Five minutes ago when I brought up MSW from my bookmarks, I had not logged on yet but Jeff Shreve was shown as the logged on user. 

Edited by Keith Black

James, I logged out  15 minutes ago and just came back and the same thing happened again. When I brought up MSW from my bookmarks, Jeff Shreve was the logged on as the user. I went to a post at random, back arrowed and the log in request was as normal. 

James, it's now happened a third time. Every time I log out of MSW I clear history, every tine. I come to MSW through my 'bookmarks'. Up until this afternoon every time I've come to the MSW home page, before logging in, at the top of home page is "Existing User? Sign In" For the third time this afternoon when I've come to the home page as I normally do, Jeff Shreve's name is in the existing user space. By going to any post and then back arrowing to the home page, the normal "Existing User? Sign In" is there, Jeff Shreve's name is no longer there. I obviously can work around the problem but, there is a problem. 

Keith, try logging in from a different browser - e.g., if you use Firefox, open the site with Chrome, Edge/IE, or Safari.  That helps determine if it's something on your side.  You can also switch to "private window" mode as well since that mode shouldn't share much with the regular use mode.

If it does work correctly on a different browser or in private mode, it doesn't necessarily mean it's an issue on your side but it does help track it down.

It would very much be worth it for the site runners to contact Invision Community (the forum technology provider) for support on this, as well as the 200 response code issue.  You've presumably paid for the forum so worth getting your money's worth perhaps.

Edited by Tim Holt

Tim

Current Build:  Swift Pilot Boat 1805 (AL)

On Deck: Triton Cross Section, Harvey (AL), Falcon US Coast Guard (AL), Flying Fish (Model Shipways)

Tim, I just brought up MSW home page from Safari as normal and everything was/is normal, no Jeff Shreve name appeared. I don't know, it's way above my pay grade but for two users to have Jeff Shreve's name involved indicates an issue on the MSW side of life. But there is one common link between users BikerMart, Keith Black, and Jeff Shreve........we all have Michigan addresses. 

I got credited for a post  @ships88 made to his own build log even tho I have never visited his log.

Edited by Jack12477

I'm on Safari, and doing a force refresh of the home page cleared things up for me.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)