• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Got an email update. Looks like it will be delayed until about the first of the year. Oh well. It's the new post-covid publishing normal.

Curious. Seawatch graciously included a chapter sample. But it was about a 60 gun ship. I thought volume three was going to be about "cruisers", i.e., frigates like the Shannon, not necessarily fourth rates. 

On 11/24/2023 at 12:37 PM, uss frolick said:

Got an email update. Looks like it will be delayed until about the first of the year. Oh well. It's the new post-covid publishing normal.

Curious. Seawatch graciously included a chapter sample. But it was about a 60 gun ship. I thought volume three was going to be about "cruisers", i.e., frigates like the Shannon, not necessarily fourth rates. 

It’s my understanding volume 3 will cover the 4ths, 5ths and whatever else is left.

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any news on when the monograph for the Royal Yacht Fubbs will be available for purchase?

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 2 weeks later...

In a couple of footnotes in this book, Mr. Walker notes that the museum has recently purchased a model of the 120-gun HMS Trafalgar of 1841 for the NA collection.

I believe this was the model. Looks like their model of HMS Royal Adelaide:

https://www.bonhams.com/auction/23232/lot/61/a-dockyard-presentation-model-of-the-120-gun-ship-of-the-line-hms-trafalgar-circa-1841-75-12-x-25-12-x-57-in-cased/