Hello Maik,

I ordered my Speedwell books on Monday and according to UPS they will be delivered tomorrow, I have to say that went quickly.  General comments and my personal opinion is that the shipping costs are ok, around 56€, yes it may be a lot for some, but it is very fast 4-5 working days and if I calculate it on the time I can spend with this book and which ones  friends it can prepare it is justified.  

I bought the two books of the Naiad in January last year, I can't remember exactly the shipping costs but I think it was around 30€ but with a delivery time of over 6 weeks.  Finally, I would like to thank Maik again for keeping Sea Watch Books alive by taking it over and giving us the opportunity to continue buying the great books.  

Greetings Tobias

Auf der Werkbank:

Corvette La Palme (L'Amarante) von 1744 POF nach Plänen von Ancre

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/32046-la-palme-by-tobias-136-pof/

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/29843-le-coureur-1776-by-tobias-caf-148/

LE ROCHEFORT - Hafenyacht von 1787 1:36 von Tobias (Monographie von ANCRE)

• 3 weeks later...

Received the second volume of the Speedwell for my birthday this week. Not had time to study yet but these two books look to me to be great resource for general model building techniques and not just to build the Speedwell.

My wife has indicated no problem with postage cost to UK.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

Both books in Mike's newsletter sound like they will be winners. 

It is a win for all of us that he could get Grant Walker back on board with the Annapolis project.

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

• 2 weeks later...

Business Expense for you. Nice set!

Maury

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, uss frolick said:

There is a massive postal strike ongoing in England right now, apparently. I wondered why my two books, shipped from the UK, are already two weeks overdue.  Any insight from our English brethren as to when this might end?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62730169

Yes, the postal workers are holding a series of one day strikes which I expect to continue into the autumn.   That said, it doesn't seem to be delaying the mail here for more than a day or two.

• 3 months later...

Good News for all nautical book addicts:

I have just ordered the three volumes of Ed Tosti's Young America work (more for techniques, tips and jigs, as I am unlikely to ever build the model) and not only is there a discount for purchasing the three together, the postage for all three to England was only $35 total. Shipping costs have indeed been reduced dramatically.

All the best,

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

Good Evening All;

Well, I must say full marks to the people at SeaWatch. I ordered 3 books on Monday 5th December, and they arrived at my home in England today, the 9th December. That's damned good service, and deserves a mention in dispatches.

Thank you one and all involved; whoever does the shipping is obviously well-organised, and worth the cost. 

I shared Druxey's pessimism, I have to admit, and did not expect to receive anything for at least another week.

All the best,

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

Received Rob Napier's new book yesterday. A terrific read on Rob's career and a record of model cleaning and conservation. In addition it contains a sound philosophy on ship models and considerations to building in longevity to what we do.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Hi,after 12 attempts to prove I was not a robot I gave up. Lol I phoned my daughter and she order the volume lll Pegasus  sloop class by Greg Hebert ,she said she got through  and is waiting for a code. Its just a matter of time before I get this book, cost and shipping is what it is ,Knocklouder  needs a book lol . Thanks

Edited by Knocklouder
Typo of course

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

On 12/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, Knocklouder said:

Hi,after 12 attempts to prove I was not a robot I gave up. Lol I phoned my daughter and she order the volume lll Pegasus  sloop class by Greg Hebert ,she said she got through  and is waiting for a code. Its just a matter of time before I get this book, cost and shipping is what it is ,Knocklouder  needs a book lol . Thanks

All day no code maybe tomorrow  lol

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Hello, YES YES YES  my daughter  says she got the code ,book is on it way. It will be there  when I get home

Thanks so much  SEAWATCH BOOKS. Can't wait to read the Pegasus  book by Greg Hebert volume lll   Great price too!!!

A very big thank you to Mike the 

Sea eo of Seawatch Books, who took the time to make sure this, computer  eliterate customer received his book, with personal service like that this company well go far. I know I will buy from them again for sure. Thank you Mike 

Edited by Knocklouder
Typo of course

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, Knocklouder said:

A very big thank you to Mike the 

Sea eo of Seawatch Books, who took the time to make sure this, computer  eliterate customer received his book, with personal service like that this company well go far. I know I will buy from them again for sure. Thank you Mike 

Glad to have helped and thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Mic

It may be better to contact Michael directly.   https://seawatchbooks.com/pages/contact.     

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Every time I see a new comment on this post, my pulse races thinking that it is an announcement for the release of the third volume of the Rogers Collection by Grant Walker.

Drown you may, but go you must and your reward shall be a man's pay or a hero's grave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...