HMS Victory 1765 by etubino - Mamoli - Scale 1/90

During the planking process, I would recommend those who are about to start the Mamoli kit to cover these metal gun barrel carriers.

It is too time-consuming to cut that many plank pieces in between the gun ports. Instead, I would recommend attaching the entire plank, covering the gun ports, and then making the openings.

image.png.824faa2d2a824be53b317e28d74fee5c.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

See the first planking as an exercise for the second planking and there is filler for us less skilled builders 😌. Be aware that you probably need a lot of tapering of the planks to get a nice shape of the bow. But etobino, your build does not look worse than my Aggy three and a half years ago. And when you do the second planking you can rectify and hide most of the first planking mistakes.

Best regards and happy modelling

Henrik

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started" - Mark Twain

You’re doing a good job so far Etubino. Despite its many shortcomings, this kit does build up into a very nice model if you are patient and persevere. Be careful with the instructions. If memory serves me correctly, they will “paint you into a corner” regarding placement of some of the guns by advising you to insert completed guns/carrriages through the gun ports to the quarterdeck after the Poop deck has been fitted above. The guns/carriages won’t actually fit through the gun ports, so you will need an alternative solution.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, the Rigging of your Heller Victory will take you a lot of time anyway I can see that yoy've got a very good serving machine, it looks great with the Dafisimus Photoetch Upgrade by the way!

Eduardo Tubino