1966 Buick Riviera by CDW - FINISHED - AMT - 1:25 Scale

38 minutes ago, realworkingsailor said:

Nicely done! The paint job and the chrome work turned out amazing!

Andy

Thanks Andy. Did you know, if you take your model to a contest, 2/3 of your point score will be for the finish?

39 minutes ago, Canute said:

Craig, your work is always impressive. This is another beauty.  👍

Thanks Ken, I aim to please. 😄

12 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Superb  job  Craig  -  looks  the  real deal.

OC.

As always, thanks for the kind words, OC.

4 hours ago, CDW said:

Boy, I wish! Wait till spring and we'll drive it through the mountains.

Come on up to western NC and drive the Smokey Mountain Parkway and the Dragon's Tail.😁

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

17 hours ago, CDW said:

The Highway Patrol pulled me over and wrote me a citation for not having my license plates displayed. I corrected that.

I repeat myself, in these last two pictures of this post, I admire the way light is reflected by the flanks of the car. Smooth and regular reflections that look very realistic.

Cheers,

Dan

PS _ By the way, just watched the movie "Ferrari", I liked it a lot, the reconstruction of Italy in 1957 is just amazing, let alone all the beautiful cars portraited in the movie.

Edited by Danstream

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

9 hours ago, CDW said:

Maybe we should take the Ferrari 250 California Spider out of the garage and ride that dragon tail in it, instead? 

DSCN3824.JPG

DSCN3825.JPG

DSCN3826.JPG

DSCN3827.JPG

DSCN3828.JPG

DSCN3829.JPG

DSCN3830.JPG

That would be way better. 318 curves is more fun in a Ferrari. The Yank tanks just slow things way down.😄

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

3 hours ago, Danstream said:

I repeat myself, in these last two pictures of this post, I admire the way light is reflected by the flanks of the car. Smooth and regular reflections that look very realistic.

Cheers,

Dan

PS _ By the way, just watched the movie "Ferrari", I liked it a lot, the reconstruction of Italy in 1957 is just amazing, let alone all the beautiful cars portraited in the movie.

Thanks for your kind comments, Dan. I have not watched the movie Ferrari. Will look for it and watch.

One of my buddies was in the Porsche club and they did a trip. That's the number he quoted. And his Porsche didn't have power steering. It beat him up pretty good.🙄

Ken

3 hours ago, CDW said:

I have not watched the movie Ferrari. Will look for it and watch.

My only 'negative' point of the making of the movie is that modern American actors are too big for these cars designed for Italian people of the '50s. They barely fit in there 😉.

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart