Hawker Hurricane Mk. I by ccoyle - FINISHED - Halinski - 1/33 - CARD

37 minutes ago, Dave_E said:

Do you take requests? 😆 P-40

I do have a P-40 in my stash (another Halinski kit), and, interestingly, its basic brown and green colors are nearly identical to the Hurricane's. But I'm not in any hurry to get to it, so you may have to wait. 😉

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2

Chris another beauty. Well done. 👍

Pick up the Airfix B/C model in 1/48. It's supposed to be the cream of the crop. Can do a Flying Tigers B model or a Pearl Harbor C model of Lt George Welch. Or find an appropriate aftermarket sheet if those don't float your boat.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

2 hours ago, ccoyle said:

... interestingly, its basic brown and green colors are nearly identical to the Hurricane's.

That would be natural, P-40's delivered after Sept of '39 generally carried RAF camo... Didn't matter who they went to they were painted to RAF spec... I know for a fact the AVG's were part of a RAF order that were diverted to them in China...

Planes built and painted to USAAF spec would be overall OD Green.... They were selling these so fast that they included stick on decals of various National Insignia's for when they arrived at their final destination...

It's interesting to see these painted in RAF desert scheme sporting the Stars and Bars...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

48 minutes ago, Egilman said:

It's interesting to see these painted in RAF desert scheme sporting the Stars and Bars...

I actually quite like the RAF desert camo and have a Halinski Spitfire Vb tropical that can be built in either RAF or USAAF markings. The latter had their RAF roundels painted over and then the USAAF insignia applied over the top of that. Several Polish publishers have offered the P-40 in North Africa camo, including WAK, Halinski, and most recently from Card Army (Marcin Dworzecki did the art on both the Halinski and Card Army kits).

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2

Great build, Chris. I like the 'curvy' lines of this old fighter.

Well done,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Chris,

Very nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Master's level, Chris.  Looking forward to your next model.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)