HMS Victory by Shipyard sid - FINISHED - Caldercraft

Looks good to me, David...So, what about the display case?  Have you made plans yet? .  The more I see how big this ship is the more I shudder what a decent display case will cost   But, all kiddidng aside, if I get to that point, it'll be worth it.  LOL..

Jerry.

A great set of photos once again.

Just when you think you can see the light at the end of the tunnel something switches it off!, hope the damage to the pointy thing is not too bad and can be repaired (again) without too much disruption.

My time in the build area has been limited just recently and it will be Thursday probably before I can get back to work on it when I should complete the 6mm linings, as I only have 4 gun ports left to complete.

Glenn (UK)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all

Well things have really slowed down now. I have finished all the work I intend to do on the deck apart from a bit of repair work on the buckets , and a broken handrail on one of the stairways . All the ratlines need a lot of attention which will take a while. I am now starting to work my way around the hull from the starboard bow and have repaired all the gunport lids as far as the ships entrance. I have just finished adding the first anchor and next the second anchor and onward to the stern. Thanks for viewing and all your comments. Here's a few photos .DAVID

post-96-0-19822500-1400972042_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-72456800-1400972055_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-97100200-1400972084_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-93485200-1400972100_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-56926400-1400972120_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-01645100-1400972136_thumb.jpg

Admiral Nelson would have been very proud of you.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Hello David.. I don't know about Admiral Nelson but I know that I'm proud of you and I'll bet all the rest of the others on this site are too.  I have been asking you about the ship's boats and whether or not you intend to attach them all to the Victory or what?  I know you have a couple of davits but there are 4 boats I believe.  And have you decided on a case yet?  If I ever get finished with my model I have decided to display it lower than I have displayed the Cutty Sark so one can see down into the hull.  Just thinking out loud.  Take care..

Jerry

Greetings all

Thanks for viewing and replies everybody. Jerry I have the davits made and they are a simple fit as is the rigging of them. So I will have two boats hanging there. The other two???? I don't know , but definitely not hanging off the stern. Display case ???? There is a topic on this that may help, DAVID

Good afternoon, David.

I believe I sent you an article on display cases before,  but at the risk of being pushy, here it is again hoping it's the article you are referring to.  Have a nice afternoon and take care,

Jerry

http://www.modelshipcases.com/?gclid=CMWTt5Dh3b0CFUpnOgod_UMAjw

Well, I think you'd better convey to the admiral that you would rather cut off your right arm.  LOL

Jerry

Greeting everyone

Well I am still on my journey around the hull tidying up and repairing the gunport lids etc. I started to fit the davits on the starboard side but messed them up and binned them, so I will return to them later. I have reached the stern facia after touching up the paintwork on the quarter gallery, and had to refit some of the trim that had came loose on the facia itself. Tonight I fitted the three stern lanterns and will now start to work my way down the port side hull. Here are a few photos of the lanterns which completes the facia. Thanks for your comments and for viewing . Here's a few photos. DAVID

post-96-0-16410500-1401313303_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-58188800-1401313318_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-59172000-1401313338_thumb.jpg

Hello aves

The flourishes ( scrolls) are etched brass which come with the kit. There are six sheets of etched brass parts with the kit. I knew they were upside down. Someone had mentioned it earlier. For some reason I could not make them fit the correct way around, but wasn't much bothered. Thanks a lot .DAVID

Greeting all

Well I have backtracked on myself. I found two davits I did not know I had made so decided to fit them. As I said I had messed up on my first attempt . I decided to paint them yellow ochre, as I thought there was to much black about and they looked a lot better. Thanks for viewing and your comments. Here's some photos. DAVID

post-96-0-32343800-1401661226_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-25510100-1401661240_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-91732400-1401661252_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-86557600-1401661267_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone

Thanks a lot for viewing . Well what to do about the boats. Grant , alas I have only one cutter and it's only 3inches long and the gap between the davits is three and a half inches so it would look really silly. The barge and launch are both about five and a half inches long, and the pinnace is just over four and a half inches, so I will make up one of the longer ones and fit it. I can then decide which size will look best to fit on the port side which will be the visible side of the ship. I don't know we're the other two are going to be fitted. DAVID

HI David, That is one Great looking ship you have, I have just spent the past hour going over your build log, Fantastic work

Rich.

Builds in Progress:   HMS Victory

Completed Builds:   Constucto Enterprise

Future Builds 2021/2022 USS Constitution

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting All

Well at last I have made the barge. It's not brilliant but will do me. The colours are incorrect but ok. I could not see any gold on jotikas, but it may have been the photos. I have posted a few but the boat is way out of position, and as you can see it does not look right at all, and needs to be lifted at least another inch or so. I will take it off and do some adjustment and fit them all at the end stage. Thanks for viewing and your comments. Here's the photos. DAVID

post-96-0-95911500-1402524118_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-23795900-1402524143_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-13952700-1402524168_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-83935800-1402524193_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-18121200-1402524227_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-88162300-1402524246_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-70883300-1402524270_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-43869100-1402524309_thumb.jpg

Very nice work David. As far as positioning goes, my understanding from reading AOTS by McKay, is that the Barge was carried on the skid beams in the waist, along with the Launch, Pinnace and an 18ft Cutter. I believe that the quarter davits were used for two 25ft Sea Cutters. Happy to be corrected, but that is my understanding. Regardless, your work looks terrific.

Greeting all

Thanks a lot Lawrence, Nick and Grant. Grant there is no need to doubt your word about the boat positions. Alas we caldercraft builders have not got any 25' cutters to hang on our davits, we have empty Davits, there are no other boats supplied with the kit. The other four boats are supplied and as you say mounted on the skid beams. DAVID

Edited by Shipyard sid