Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Midwest Products

Nice to see the twins again.

Tasty rendering of the cages :-)

Daniel

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

Great detail on the traps, Popeye.

I love the weathered effect - very realistic.

Makes me want lobster for dinner tonight.

Ricky

Ricky

Current Builds

Titanic - Mantua

Victory - Mantua

Completed Builds

Norske Love - Billings

Bluenose      - Billings

Danmark      - Billings

Riva Aquarama - Scratch

Plus literally hundreds of others over a 55 year period

Planned

Neechiemose - scratch build of my 50 ft ketch in my avatar

Weathering looks real good on them, as if you've used them a lot. The openings in the tule looks to be hexagonal. Which in my eyes makes it even more realistic. Darn fine piec'a work mate!!!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Popeye! I'm so glad that you put this build back up -I was really enjoying it before the crash. Those lobstah traps are the coolest! I too am amazed at how quickly you can knock stuff out. You are like the Chuck Norris of model ship building! :D

-Buck

Current build: AL Morgan's Whaleboat (1st build)

Kits in the ships locker: I cannot confirm nor deny that there may be a few kits in there...

thanks for the good word everyone!  believe me......I myself was surprise at how they came out.  I still have to add the front door,  and I have a few other bits to add in. there's still more to go.  I really do appreciate all the kind comments ....thanks a lot!  I'm not a weathering buff......shows that there's still hope for me yet.  :)

the skis are for the Phylly C,  Mark.......I think you know that and your pulling my leg :rolleyes:

that's a heck of a compliment Buck......although I don't picture myself as the  'Norris '  type.   but, you know what they say about 'ole Chucky boy!......LOL!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Popeye the sailor was the original chuck norris. :)   I love the lobster traps. They look just like I remember seeing when I used to vacation in Maine. Are you going to add bait?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

This is always the best part of your builds Popeye! The details you put into these boats and ships are very well thought out and add so much character. Those lobster traps look excellent. Keep it up!

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

fantastic job on the lobster traps!  What are you contemplating for hardware on them?  Most would have minimal metal (rusts too easily and ruins the wood).  perhaps a cobblestone or old chunk of granite in the house for a weight?

Lobsters on water skies....interesting visual!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Hi Popeye

Here is one for you, i know you like theese ships.

This is M/S Polarstar

It has been a seal trapper, and a person, goods cargo boat at Svalbard.

Børge  :)

post-911-0-46838700-1361737998_thumb.jpg

Current build(restore, bashing)
BB582 "Dragen" Scale 1:12

On hold: BB534 Bolougne Etaples Scale 1:20

Not started: Model Shipways MS2040 USS Constitution 1:76

:piratebo5: 

again,  I come in to find a multitude of kind comments......thank you....each and every one!

yes Sarah,  I plan to hang bait in the parlor.

they look good Sjors.......that's the color they become when they are cooked....LOL!  I have a  'live'  color scheme for them

love that ship Borge.......are there any plans for it?

one more day of work......and then I'm back at it again........I can't wait! :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

What time is the Seafood Dinner?

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

YEAH, you can sit at the head of the table ------ and pay the check!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

You don't need to like it to pay the check ... Just bring your checkbook ... oeps, forgot, we don't have no checkbooks no more. Ah, wel bring your creditcard ;)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

If Sjors is taking care of the dinner bill then count me in for two lobster tails and a steak! Surf 'n Turf!!!  :cheers:

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

I'll order the champagne  :champagne:

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

all this talk of eating....and I haven't even caught anything yet...LOL!  I'll try to make some progress soon.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

beautiful job on the traps Popeye, well done!!

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

thanks Frank.......I thought of you after I had done them.   I don't do too much weathering.   I try to do it......it looks good.   I look at it later though and I get the feeling that I messed up.......so I fix it.   I'm too keyed into the  'clean look' ,  to be able to come up with a totally weathered build.  I see others do it and it looks fantastic.......like your hull!   thanks for the good word.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Mr. Popeye your Lobster look really good man.....

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

The traps are outstanding!!   Excellent job on the weathering.    I used to that sort of thing when I was into building plastic kits, especially armor and planes etc.    I see people doing that on these wooden ships (frank and the barnicles) and they look outstanding,  but I am far to afraid to do it  :o.   Although, I figured if I ever really mess one up, I can weather it and say it was on purpose :D

Can't wait to see some lobsters in the traps!

-Adam

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

The traps are outstanding!!   Excellent job on the weathering.    I used to that sort of thing when I was into building plastic kits, especially armor and planes etc.    I see people doing that on these wooden ships (frank and the barnicles) and they look outstanding,  but I am far to afraid to do it  :o.   Although, I figured if I ever really mess one up, I can weather it and say it was on purpose :D

Can't wait to see some lobsters in the traps!

-Adam

That's cheating, Adam.  This is like pool ------ you've got to 'call the shot'  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Popeye, you should really do a weathered trawler, you definetly have the talent to do that. Those trawlers are work horses,they always look beat up. Go for IT!!!!!! 

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

thanks Adam and Mario......just something I did that worked out....thanks for the good word.

OK Frank........I'll think about it.  I have the Syborn......or maybe I'll skuff up the Denny-Zen......We'll see ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Popeye,

It would appear that the crowd is getting a tad unruly... and hungry.  I thought this hobby was supposed to teach us patience.  tsk tsk.... oh... make mine broiled not boiled.  ahem...  <cough> with a touch of butter please <cough>  :cheers:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)