HMS Leopard by gobi71 - 1/300 scale

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!  Outstanding work at any scale, doubly so at 1:300!

Bravo!

Gabriel I have always been enthralled by small scales.  I am going to pull up a chair and drool with amazement if that is okay with you.   Good work.

David B

Hi,

Now I start wondering. In previous posts you showed a full hull, now it is only a startboard half. Did you build i as a full hull, and then split in halvee, or did you build two halves, that you clamped together for the pictures in your first post?

Also: in some pics it looks as if the decks are build directly into the hull, but you also show a deck out of the hull.

Can you explain a bit on your methods?

Jan

Hi

Hi,

Now I start wondering. In previous posts you showed a full hull, now it is only a startboard half. Did you build i as a full hull, and then split in halvee, or did you build two halves, that you clamped together for the pictures in your first post?

Also: in some pics it looks as if the decks are build directly into the hull, but you also show a deck out of the hull.

Jan

Hi Gabriel

I'm a bit late to offer my compliments, but I was wondering the same thing, too.

Great job, by the way!

Cheers

Patrick

Wonderful work Gobi,

very accurate and clean framing in midget formate

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi,

Jan

first the hull was one  piece , then split it in two half , so I could work inside.now it's like a puzzle , all pieces can be assembled or disassembled as y need.

Several years ago one of my fellow club members was helping out on a project for the museum and he took his finished model to the band saw and cut it down for  diorama.  I forget the name of the model though.

David B

Very carefully :(  :huh:  and then a shot afterwards to settle his nerves and trembling hands. :)  :D

David B

Edited by dgbot

• 1 month later...

I love seeing how modelers can make so much detail with these miniatures! Really inspiring to watch.

Anton T

Current build

1/78 Sovereign of the Seas - Sergal - kit bashed

1/72 Arleigh Burke class DDG flight iia/iii - Sratch built RC - no log

Waiting for further inspiration

STS Leeuwin II 1/56 scratch built (90% completed)

Previous builds - completed

1/72 HMAS Brisbane, Airwarfare Destroyer 2014 -Scratch built RC - completed

1/64 HMS Diana 1796 - caldercraft kit - completed

1/75 Friesland 1668- mamoli kit - completed

1/96 HMAS Newcastle FFG 2011- scratch built RC - completed

1/75 Vasa - Billing Boats - completed

Why do you have three foot tall pencils lying next to your model? Or is it really a normal pencil and is your model really that small?! I am amazed by the detaill you added to such a small model. Looking forward to your new updates

• 2 weeks later...