Batelina by donrobinson - FINISHED - MarisStella - 1:10

Your somewhat of a visionary, a model is a model is a model etc. until you turn it into small masterpiece with those great details you have added!

footnote: see with astro turf Mr. dog could plant all the rocks he wanted with no worry. :)

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Ian: Thanks for the compliment. I just love the "spread", it keeps me busy in the summer but it isn't like work when you enjoy what you are doing.

Frank: Thanks for that, she took me 2 1/2 weeks to build I'm not sure how many hours it was but she is a kit I would highly reccomend

Hey Chris:  :)  :)  :) it's 4:30 in the morning here and you gave me my first laugh of the day. Thanks for that and Thanks for stopping, haven't heard from you for awhile.They are calling for possible rain today so outdoor activities may have to be cancelled, not sure what a guy could possibly do all day inside :huh:  :P  ;)

Hello Jeff: Great of you to stop in, Thanks, the fishing gear was something I thought of just in the last couple days of the build. I wish I would have taken more pictures of making it all

John: well this is my second laugh of the day, Thanks. I will consider astro turf if you consider coming to help install it ;)

Good Morning Robin, I am fortunate enough to be retired and currently have no admiral so allocating more time to ship building only takes one vote which happens to be mine. Thanks so much for stopping in

Hi Greg: She certainly is no Endeavour but she was so much fun to build and the scale was a real treat

Congratulations on completion of your build. It turned out a real gem. Good work. The attention to detail is great. A must at this scale.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Thanks Scott for having a look and for your compliment, having a look at your list of completions this means a lot coming from you

Thanks Dave, the minimal cost of this kit and for what you get makes it a great deal. With your skills in painting with wood and detailing you would have a blast with her.

Don,

That is one really beautiful boat!  I love the way you improvised and made it your own.  And the detail to your work is more than impressive!  Truly a wonderful job.  Thank you for sharing.  You've sparked my imagination for my build. :)   

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

Hey John Thanks a lot for that

Julie Mo, Thanks for your comment. I am happy with her and if this build has given you ideas or inspiration that makes me even happier

Bob, Bob, Bob :)  :) , you are right she does leave more on the grass for me, I just didn't think a picture was appropriate :P  :P  ;)

Really nice work Don, congratulations on a wonderful build!  Those MariStella kits really work themselves into nice models.  But your skills in bringing it to life, along with your added touches, really make for a nice model.  

Nice property too - must be really relaxing sitting on the mower in that beautiful part of the world.  Do you get a lot of snow and cold and long winters?  Perfect modeling weather :)

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Thanks Zoltan, good of you to stop in

Hi Mike, Thanks for the gracious comment. Yes we do get long cold winters with lots of snow, but now that I am retired as you say " perfect modelling weather"

• 2 months later...

Don, your work is beautiful, the details of this ship and additions you have done have enspired me to order one from Rick at the Modellers Workshop. At first the Idea of building a small boat was not in my plans. But, After seeing your build and speaking to Zoran from MarisStella I can say with certainty that this WILL be my first build. I am looking forward to sharing my build log once I get started.

Edited by Pierre Tessier

Pierre.:10_1_10:

All in all it's pretty relaxing when you just take your time.....

Current build

Santa Maria by MarisStella

Completed

Batelina by MarisStella

Thanks Pierre, it is a fine little kit and I'm sure you will be happy with it. It gives you a little taste of everything in modelling,except rigging, and will defiantly help in any further models you are thinking of building. I hope you enjoy her and I'll be watching for your build log.

Hey Mike, Thanks. It is a good machine, the zero turn. I do find myself going back to my lawn tractor on some hot summer days and I want a cold beer, as with the zero turn it's impossible to have a beer and steer at the same time  ;)  :P