HMS Bounty Launch by mattsayers148 - FINISHED - Model Shipways - scale 1:16 - SMALL

Just one beautiful model. Congrats Matt!!!

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

Great looking launch, Matt.  The details really make it pop!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Matt you and the Capt are raising the bar.  When I start on my schoner I will have think about the little thins as well  It those items that give life to a well made model.

David B

Edited by dgbot

Thank you to everyone for all the likes.

CaptainSteve, George, Mario, Mark, David, Tom and Boyd, thank you guys so much for all the encouragement and help through my first build log. I'm excited to move forward full time on my USRC Ranger bash (now controlled by the Fierce Pirate Nutz)

I was clearing out some things to accommodate the new build and found my spigot! It wasn't lost, it was just forgotten, so I had to make one final barracoe to house it. My hats off to Buck for the tiny spigot idea. Now you guys can see why I said I'd wait til next weekend to call it completed, its the OCD kickin in again! Med time!

post-17116-0-15842600-1428899391_thumb.jpgpost-17116-0-63411400-1428899411_thumb.jpg

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Love that barrel (or is a barracoe) !!!

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Came to this party way too late, but my congratulations as well on your amazing build.

Fabulous detailing and superb craftsmanship!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Matt, that barracoe looks ready to pour some rum for our grog! :)  Nice job. Looking forward to seeing what the Nutz crew has been up to lately.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Thank you CaptainSteve, Nigel, Ken and those who hit the like button.

Earlier in my log I spent a bit of time just trying to find out what a "barracoe" was! Anyone whose interested in finding out a thorough history of rum on the high seas check out upspirits.co.uk (many really awesome containers for rum and grog).

So I'm off to the Coast again for a few days, and then up the gorge to The Dalles for a few days. The chance is pretty slim that I'll have time for any further items for the Launch, but you never know. The completion will be stamped on this log next weekend. Thanks again to all for help that I've gotten on this build.

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Thank you Igor, I do enjoy watching your ship-in-a-bottle progress. You get a bigger chair than me for your details at such a tiny scale.

Okay Matt what will it hold Rum or Brandy?  Both were taken on ship.  One for the officers and the other for the crew.

David B

Okay Matt what will it hold Rum or Brandy?  Both were taken on ship.  One for the officers and the other for the crew.

David B

Well David, I don't know if you've tried Stroh Rum, but if you haven't you should give it a try. I know this rum post-dates Bligh's trip by about 40 years, but I bet those guys would've wanted this one. It's 80%, 160 proof, blowing fire kinda rum! I don't drink anymore, but this was one of my favorites.

post-17116-0-27152700-1428976385_thumb.jpg

Wow 80%! That sh**'ll put some lead in your pencil!  :D 151 was my poison for a while, but moved on to CC. I could drink that and not wake up with a hang-over.  But seriously, like you, I've all but given it up, except for an occasional social drink once in a while with old friends. Haven't been drunk now for 10 years.

Bars around here closed their doors when I gave it up.  :rolleyes:

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Hmm.. rum and rum ration.. here's the original (or as close as we can get)  http://www.blacktot.com/

and it's on sale here:  https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-12109.aspx

and here: http://www.drinkupny.com/Black_Tot_p/s0419.htm

A bit on the pricey side, methinks....

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Yeah it's a good Vegas kinda rum. Last time I was there drinking this stuff I came back with ex-wife #2! It's good I quit drinking, less ex's this way

You gotta wonder about what the mark-up actually is on that stuff if you can save $130 when it's on sale. :o I think I was in the wrong line-of-work all those years!  :D

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Holy cr**! Just think Mark, if I bought it now I'd save $130.00! Wow, $899.99 a bottle, guess I was a cheap date back then!

I think the price is going up.  When they first started selling this stuff a few years ago, it was around $700 a bottle.    This company didn't get all the rum from the shipyard.  There's still something a 1000 gallons down there that reserved for State dinners sponsored by the Queen. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I've got it! ---- We'll commission Squirrel Team 1 to go in there and pull a raid!  :D

That's what squirrel pirates do! Maybe that could be the name of their newly acquired USRC 'The Rum Runner'. I'll run it by Captain Nutz an see what he thinks.

I have never been much of a drinker. ;)   And with the medication I am taking at the moment I do not think it would be a smart idea :( However at one time I would have a shot of Jack Daniels maybe once a week followed by a beer or two. :P   The stuff never got me drunk it would just make me sick.  I drank for the flavor alone. :D

David B

$1000 plus per bottle ?!?!?!

Do y' have any idea how many cartons of Jim Beam I can get for that ??

(At least two weeks worth, bare minimum !!)

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Steve,

I believe Jim Beam will sell by the barrel.... which fits right into the nautical thing.  :)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Work went well Sunday through Tuesday, gettin four days of work done in two at the coast job. So I get a day or two off before I head up the Gorge to work Friday through Sunday.

So my schedule has allowed me to make today the day to launch my Launch. I'm a fan of the Resource warehouses so I'll go there to find a shelf or stand to display in its new home. As mentioned earlier in my log, this is to go to my boss, displayed in his office. Once there I'll be taking many pics to sift through to make into a gallery.

I can't thank everyone enough for the support, pointers and encouragement. It's been a priceless asset to have a collective mindset to gather information from. My transition back to my USRC Ranger will be immediate so Im hoping everyone will meet me over there with the Nutz brothers. I left them 100lbs of mixed nuts and 5 barrels of rum so we'll see what they've been up to for the last month.

No fair wells, I'll just see everyone over at my other residence.

This is the final resting place of my Launch, in my bosses office. I'll be organizing photos for the gallery and have them posted soon.

post-17116-0-29968000-1429241187_thumb.jpg

She looks fantastic Matt! I like that base. Truly unique. Were you thinking of a case, or will that be up to your boss?

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif