Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

G'day Patrick

Loooookinggoodmyfriend!

It's hard enough to do a curved staircase at 1-48 scale, but 1-300 or whatever it is, I think it would be impossible. But again you proved me wrong.

The paint work is brilliant, everyone knows that photos shows all the faults, no, I mean blemishes, and macro is another thing you have to dill with.

Just super

Havagooday mate

Greg

Thanks Greg! The curved staircase turned out better than I thought, despite being quite tricky. Good fun, though!

Nice work on the details Patrick. Looks like she has plenty of entertainment places.

The paint work really makes her grand.

Hi Piet. Many thanks and yes, there's no doubt about it. There's heaps of entertainment areas on the ship. Just wait until I start popping the large umbrellas above the spa on the Sun Deck and the large sun shades on the main deck. They'll add to the overall character of the ship. The paint is a bit thin, which means that it takes several coats to fully cover the grey splotches of filler, here and there. Nonetheless, over time, it'll look immaculate. All the best.

Cheers,

I continue to be amazed at the level of detail you're able to put in such a tiny space. Great work!

Hi Frank. Many thanks. I think it was Bill King (a fantastic modeller) who said in one of his books that if it exists on the full sized ship, then you should be able to at least simulate it on your model. Well...I try, anyway!

All the best, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Just beautiful, Patrick.  I, like others, just mavel at the detail on something so tiny.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

really coming along nicely.........the pillars are looking really good now!   they connect the decks together much better  :)    the detail your adding is really super.   I don't think you need to worry about the messy decks {sawdust}.....we know that when it comes time for her maiden voyage,  she'll be spiffed up to the nine  ;)    fantastic work Patrick  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Picture 9 looks great! She's getting better and better!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi folks

Just a quick update.  I've been adding a few more of the deck furniture details (e.g. outdoor bar on the Sun Deck, blue coloured plastic to simulate the water effect in the spa, a few more tables and settees, etc); all at the expense of working on the overall paintwork.  The continuation of the painting and finishing will just have to come later!

Please remember that very little of any of these details are actually glued in place yet, hence why their placement may look a bit wonky wonky ;)  ;)  ;) .

Anyhow, here are some photos for you.

All the best

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-89300800-1461334648_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-58801400-1461334655_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-29328500-1461334663_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-78495300-1461334672_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-82853800-1461334679_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-65393600-1461334686_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-87802500-1461334693_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-15985100-1461334704_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-76122700-1461334713_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-09227600-1461334721_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-60236900-1461334786_thumb.jpg

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for your nice comments, which I greatly appreciate. I guess for me, it all comes down to giving it a go. It may not always work out, or look perfect, but at least I can say that I've tried!

Thanks once again and have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

Hello Patrick!

It's been a while - just caught up over the last month's worth of updates - she's looking spectacular! Glad to see you didn't finish her up and move on since I've last checked in. 

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Hi Ben

Thanks!  Great to hear from you and I hope your studies are going well.

I've made more than my fair share of mistakes on Majellan, so progress has been a bit slow, I guess.   I think I've got my eyes on my next project, though...

All the best and I hopeful goes well with your family, too.

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick.......those last few pictures say it all.........a truly splendid vessel indeed!    so cool to see this project grow to what she looks like now.....you've done a great job!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Denis

Thanks. I'm really loving this ship. Even though I'm making heaps of mistakes, coupled with the fact that I've got a lot of work to do on getting the painting and finish spot-on, I reckon she still looks pretty darn good.

In a funny sort of way, it's good practice for the next ship! I can't wait to get cracking on that one.

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

gently coming to the end with your "baby".......

When will you be opening the surprize box`s lid of the new project ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

G'day Patrick

Simply breathtaking. Love every minute when I Googled my eyes over the photos.

Next ship? Tell us more please

Havagooday mate

Greg

Edited by Greg the peg leg sailor

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi Patrick,

gently coming to the end with your "baby".......

When will you be opening the surprize box`s lid of the new project ?

Nils

G'day Patrick

Simply breathtaking. Love every minute when I Googled my eyes over the photos.

Next ship? Tell us more please

Havagooday mate

Greg

Hi Nils and Greg

Thanks for your query. I would like to post a photo of the plans taken from the Internet, but I'm unsure if that will contravene copyright regulations; especially given the problems that have recently occurred with the "Amazing Photos" thread. I'm currently checking with Chris Coyle about this. In the meantime, if you Google "Mary Jean II", then you'll see her. My model will be loosely based on that ship; fully detailed inside, of course!

All the best

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks

Just a quick update.  I've been adding a few more of the deck furniture details (e.g. outdoor bar on the Sun Deck, blue coloured plastic to simulate the water effect in the spa, a few more tables and settees, etc); all at the expense of working on the overall paintwork.  The continuation of the painting and finishing will just have to come later!

Please remember that very little of any of these details are actually glued in place yet, hence why their placement may look a bit wonky wonky ;)  ;)  ;) .

Anyhow, here are some photos for you.

All the best

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,  The yacht is looking great !  I am always amazed at the detail in such a small scale model, that takes pure talent...Good job Mate...:)

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Thanks Keith! I really appreciate your comments. I don't know about the 'pure talent ' bit, but I sure am having fun!

All the best.

Patrick

Patrick,  As far as I am concerned, building on such a small scale is amazing, And the real benefit of that scale is it is easy to find a display space, my ships take up whole walls ...lol.. :P

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Hi Nils and Greg

Thanks for your query. I would like to post a photo of the plans taken from the Internet, but I'm unsure if that will contravene copyright regulations; especially given the problems that have recently occurred with the "Amazing Photos" thread. I'm currently checking with Chris Coyle about this. In the meantime, if you Google "Mary Jean II", then you'll see her. My model will be loosely based on that ship; fully detailed inside, of course!

All the best

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

the "Mary Jean II" is a very elegant looking luxury yacht, all a bit larger than "Majellan", had a look at the general arrangement plan via Google

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

I have to agree with Keith........it's logical that as the scale gets smaller,  some detail gets lost.   you seem to ignore that rule.   I don't see any mistakes,  I only see  'adjustments to be made'  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: