Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Most impressive.  The last photo gives us a real 'feel' for what she was like.

Nice guns!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Salute Ferit,

Nice progress, by every step she becomes more and more impressive.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Next build : sl Louise</span>

Salute awsjerome,

The height of this pin rail is approximately 2,00 - 2,25 m. (scale 1:40)

I think the crew of the main deck have been choosen between the men at least 2,00 m tall...  :D

They were working, eating, sleeping... only on the main deck,  :D

Or... One man on the shoulder of the another...

In fact I have not any idea.

Maybe the authorities in this forum could answer your question. By now, me, I begin to wait any recourse from Mark (Moderator).

I went to the section scracht build log, to the Model Mariner's Berlin and saw almost the same height... Perhaps it occurs because of the original plans. 

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Ferit,

As everybody is saying....beautiful. Hmmm one question, On your barrel, did your make the small tap? such attention to small details (:-) ?

I would like to think of something like that as well for my build. You are my guide !

Regards, Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Ferit,

On the pin rail question, I'm assuming it's the ones on the outboard side atop the bulwarks that's being questioned?    What does the rigging plan show being tied off there? 

If there is rigging belayed there, then they may have used a ladder.... maybe?  If nothing is tied off, than it's decoration. 

The other problem, is that is a kit and sometimes the kit makers take a lot of liberties with scale and placement of items.  Come to think of it, I have a few like that on my Wasa... they are high off the deck. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Salute Michael,

Thanks for your kind comments...

Following me as a guide?!... You will be certainly lost!... :D

In fact, there is not any barrel on the quarter deck through the plans. But I like the barrels in period ships; typical and concerning the past. And the crew have had to be thirsty. :) The tap and the bung are my addition.

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Salute Mark,

Thank you very much for your help and explanation...

There is rigging belayed there. Therefore it is not a decoration.

Maybe because of the kit makers, maybe from the original plans of the builders of Berlin.

I want to believe in the second alternative to calm down...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Wow Ferit,

I'm away for a few days and you are going in a higher gear??????

Great job on the Berlin.Very ,very nice!

And you are NOT a beginner anymore,when I see your work then I'm a beginner…...

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Wow Ferit,

I'm away for a few days and you are going in a higher gear??????

Great job on the Berlin.Very ,very nice!

And you are NOT a beginner anymore,when I see your work then I'm a beginner…...

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Salute Sjors,

I just noticed by your words that my log seems simultaneous. But as I have said at the beginning I reached at some stage and am sharing the way...

In fact I am as slow as a turtle...

But still, I will be waiting your encouragement and kindness as always...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

I just happened upon your build Ferit and it is beautiful. I'm glad I found your build log.... I'll be pleasantly watching from here on. :D

Salute lamarvalley,

Thank you for dropping in and for your kind words... Very appreciated... :)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Just catching up Ferit, beautiful work on the deck details, I love that last photo particularly.

A pleasure to follow your build. :)

Regards,

B.E.

Thank you, B.E.

I am trying to be skillful as yourself, but I am either at the beginning or out of... :( Maybe one day... maybe not in a lifetime...

Edited by Ferit KUTLU

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Salute,

I decided to go to the past.

The reason is that maybe, one day this will be helpful to anyone who wants to build this ship.

I wanted to share a correction, maybe modification that I have made before. Unfortunately, as I have had no idea to become a member at that time I have not taken photos step by step. But now I try to explain how I have acted.

The kit provides the transom part by plywood. As I have followed the plans, first I have built the transom with 5x5 mm walnut strips as the same dimensions of the kit plan. The transom had to run over the edges of the hull a little. 

But the metal curtain decoration did not macht with the dimensions of the transom. It was more smaller.

I have extended the lenght of the curtain with wood. Then I painted it.

I have rebuilt with the wooden strips to provide symmetry of the top decoration. Then I painted it as well.

post-2145-0-95582000-1368616622.jpg

post-2145-0-55045200-1368616677_thumb.jpg

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Great modification Ferit, well done.

regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

Ferit, beautiful build. I am impressed with your modifications and improvements. I am especially impressed with your ability to create, clean, straight edges on everything. It is all coming together very nicely!!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Ferit,

Nice!!! you and I seem to have similar ideas. I have also "re-built" or changed sections of my build to better suit the look. What you are doing is very creative. AND super improving the realistic details of the ship. Always a pleasure to catch up with your Berlin.

Oh, thanks for your response to my barrel question. I will remember your details when I get to that stage.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Michael,

Thank you for your boosting my horsepower :D...

I don't know about other manufacturers but with Corel I feel that I have to do something additional to be satisfied... In fact that makes me happy, to try to improve the details when I put to it to match the build to the plans of the kit... as yourself...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

An another, maybe unnecessary detail from the past...

At that time I have not had a saw machine to cut strips of 3mm thickness.  I have planked the deck in this way.

Now I got it but the deck has been finished long before... :(

post-2145-0-69206500-1368819503_thumb.jpg

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

You did it again Ferit, it looks like real timber, great job.

Regards,

John

<br />

<br />