Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Hi Ferit,

Maybe I see the wrong pictures but I don't see any canon balls…..

And watch out for some builders, they want /need canon balls…..

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Sjors,

First pictures were after the cannons have been fired. Cannon balls have been expired... :P

Last pictures have been shotted after the crew have bringed the new ones... :)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Can you make a close up picture Ferit?

Maybe a macro?

Then we can see it much better…..

Just click on the picture Sjors!

Edited by Yambo

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Looks stunning! Thanks for the detailed explanation pictures. I like them and will try make some further along. Not having enlish as my language makes me hesitate to explain things as I dont have the vocabulary, but with a pic its clearer.

/Matti

Edited by NAZGÛL
post-3739-0-77091900-1412108706.jpg

Billing Boats Vasa

Incredible. Great detail.

It's like looking at the real thing.

Salute Eric,

This is very nice to be praised by a craftsman who is building impressively three ships :o at same time...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Looks stunning! Thanks for the detailed explanation pictures. I like them and will try make some further along. Not having enlish as my language makes me hesitate to explain things as I dont have the vocabulary, but with a pic its clearer.

Salute Matti,

The build which shines is really yours and I see your talent handling it very well... ;)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

And which I have tried to imitate...

With cannon balls of the cannons on the quarter deck. As the cannons of this deck are shorter than the main deck's, the balls are more smaller...

post-2145-0-15437100-1369431964_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-52456500-1369431994_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-09140400-1369432072_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-25044500-1369432347_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Hamilton,

Thank you very much for your comments...

After realizing the presence of your build, seeing your method of building and its value, it would be fabulous your Berlin. And it would be good not to share your potential build of Berlin because I don't want to face with my errors and my incompetence in my build... ;)

Ferit:

Please - I'm blushing!! If there is any "incompetence" in your build, you've done an expert's work at covering it up! All I can see is nice, clean and well-detailed craftsmanship!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

PS - your kevels are a marked improvement over the metal ones supplied with the kit!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Ferit,

Unbelievable!

Thanks for the macro pics, amazing job you are doing.

Those kevels are real…..

I enjoy every picture that you make.

I'm looking forward to the next one  ;)

Nice work on those Kevels Ferit, look much better than the cast version :)

Regards,

B.E.

Thank you B.E. for your compliment and especially the knowledge that the name of those things is "Kevel".  :)  ( I am too weak in ship vocabulary :( )

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Please - I'm blushing!! If there is any "incompetence" in your build, you've done an expert's work at covering it up! All I can see is nice, clean and well-detailed craftsmanship!

hamilton

Salute hamilton,

I could see you to be humble although your additional power of experience by your twelve builds ( it's easy; only to say!)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Those are all beautifully clean and crisp fittings.  WOW!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Ferit!

Your first build is AMAZING!!! I can't even imagine how fantastic your 12th build will be. You are a true artist and craftsman!

176 years old; :D  my eyes +42 dioptres of presbyopia :D ; my hands shaking 37 times per second :D ... to everyone asking me what strange thing I try to touch, I would attempt to say with a hoarse voice:  " s H i p ... " :D

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Oh Ferit, I don't think you give yourself enough credit... you are good at this. You have a talent that is natural and an incredible eye for detail. Face it my friend... you're good!! :D

Thank you Randy,

I am overwhelmed but these words refresh me meanwhile... :D

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU