USCG UH-65A Dolphin by Jack12477 - 1:48 scale - Trumpeter - FINISHED

1 hour ago, Egilman said:

Here, Wally World has changed it's operating hours, open from 6:00am to 1:00am now

Ours is 7 AM to 8:30 PM. Off-peak according them is 7-9 AM.  And they only let 5 people per 1,000 sq ft of store space  in at one time, so long lines at some of their stores. 

1 hour ago, Jack12477 said:

And they only let 5 people per 1,000 sq ft of store space  in at one time,

Yeah, they were talking about that here, but I think the panic is passing. the talking heads are desperate to get back on the trash the president campaign.... (and use this emergency situation to their political benefit)

Listening to it is is absolutely hilarious how they want to make the president responsible.........

But it allows me to build more models..... (there is always a silver lining to every disaster although it may not be apparent to those buried in it at the time)

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Well as luck would have it, I had to go to our local Post Office this morning, on the way back thru the village I had to drive past our local family owned, 5 generations, hardware store. On a whim I stopped, went inside, asked the owner if he had any BBs.  Out from under the counter he pulls a bottle of 1500 BBs.  He points to their sign motto on the counter, it reads "if we don't have it, you don't need it" . Voila !  Just waiting for the super glue to set! :D 

Sad thing about this pandemic is ole Dubya read a book about the 1918 Pandemic, predicted it could happen again and started to plan for it by actually stockpiling needed supplies, but two succeeding  administrations gutted his efforts.  You either learn from history or you are condemned to repeat it. 

22 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Requisitioned 3 armor units today - hope they don't get diverted  :D

Are you sure they won't be needed in case the people rise up because of lockdown??😆😉

Edited by Edwardkenway

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

1 hour ago, Edwardkenway said:

Are you sure they won't be needed in case the people rise up because of lockdown??😆

Yes, they will be use to augment  our defensive perimeter  !  :D  Got to protect our meager TP supply from the vultures, locusts and other nefarious hoarders. ;):D;).  

Edited by Jack12477

Jack,

When you're done with the bird, unless it's in a case, hang a sigh with something like "Do not touch. The rotors do not turn. "  And maybe some threatening words like they will suffer extreme harm from you fearless watch dogs.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Jack,

When you're done with the bird, unless it's in a case, hang a sigh with something like "Do not touch. The rotors do not turn. "  And maybe some threatening words like they will suffer extreme harm from you fearless watch dogs.

Or "Mind the Rotors they dont turn - but the body does"😁

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

6 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

A 10,000 volt electric fence will dissuade anyone from even thinking about it :D

Well that should work.  Less noisy than a mine field.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ok, shiny BBs installed, super glue dried, ready to button up the bottom hatch.  Time to start working on the decals before I install any of the remaining fiddly bits.  Ole fumble fingers will surely destroy them if I don't wait till the decals are on.  But now she sits nice and level.

IMG_8107.JPG.084e8f929c1d7474c406acd021e8b635.JPGIMG_8108.JPG.42d4390cc707c329297c14d19db0056d.JPGIMG_8109.JPG.06db40ba311068baa812dee831cc078a.JPG

In a prior post I promised to post some close up photos of the rotor assembly - they follow

First the assembly steps - parts # B1 + B9 and A7 are the top half of the rotor shaft B1 shaft is just inserted, not glued into the other parts. This assembly then glues into the parts B18. then up thru B28 to attach to cap B29.  This is what disabled the rotation. Notice also that there are NO do not glue symbols anywhere on the assembly instructions. 

IMG_8101.JPG.3336588e21de4df1ed401f2307439b18.JPG

IMG_8100.JPG.40b1b1261bb1494795638ffcd0edbc14.JPG

IMG_8102.JPG.b7977c1d3ccd0931bb48673648dad047.JPGIMG_8103.JPG.76c6eff057b82b1b5798d74603e10daf.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG.f67749c78f19c0f939be7cd0fa1a6564.JPG

With the rotor assembly dry fit into position.

IMG_8096.JPG.ce58ed39095094a8a675556cfce5f691.JPGIMG_8106.JPG.3509ab639b7380d469b9fdd6c8f5aa4b.JPG

Edited by Jack12477

It doesn't look like they left much in the way of shaft based upon those pics. They probably intended to either glue it or let it float. I would definitely let it float at this point, best way to go..... The instructions are a bit sparse on directions.... You would think they would be clear....

Nice work....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Thanks ! 

Yes, you can barely grasp the shaft. I think I will just let it float as you say.  And yea I hate this pictograph instructions, espcially when they don't show the order of assembly, you can screw up easily. 

Well, the governor just extended our incarceration till April 29th...............  Boing....... Boing .........  Boing ....... Boing ........ Boing ....... 🙃😷🤕

32 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Well, the governor just extended our incarceration till April 29th...............  Boing....... Boing .........  Boing ....... Boing ........ Boing ....... 🙃😷🤕

Ours is under review next monday to see how many extra weeks we will get added ontop............I feel like a caged animal  (to be fair  it dont worry us to much as we have no family - friends etc   - just keeping the flipping food and gas /electric meters topped up is our priority).

Our hobbies help though - dont they Jack.👍

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Wait.. What?  No time off for good behavior??????

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

15 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Wait.. What?  No time off for good behavior??????

Nope we been nauty  - very nauty....🙃

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

2 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Well, the governor just extended our incarceration till April 29th

ours was extended a couple of days ago to May 4th, and we are expecting another one into June.... Especially since he and the SAG are chatting up enforcement.... (he isn't happy that the peons are still trying to get on with their lives)

Quote:

Well at least we will have company. Looks like the kids will be here with us. The Governor has officially declared the school system as closed for the remainder of the school year. They will still offer online classes until June but if what I have seen over the last couple of weeks is any indication, the teachers are getting away scott free. They are still on full pay while sitting at home just like the rest of us useless people. Maybe if we just took out their portion from the property taxes I need to pay. That would save me about $4000 this year!  

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

9 minutes ago, lmagna said:

They are still on full pay while sitting at home just like the rest of us useless people. Maybe if we just took out their portion from the property taxes I need to pay.

Oh I hear ya! but then they belong to the club, the rest of us don't....

The Gov and the Super are talking about that exact subject right now... I suspect that school is over for the year.... Cause this is easily going to run into June so they can get the most benefit out of it they can...... (while the state of emergency is still in existence which gives them virtually unlimited power to order anything they want in the name of protecting the people)

Quote:

You need to remember that you and I have the same governor Egilman. He and the School Superintendent officially canceled school for the rest of this school year about nine hours ago and then spent the rest of a half hour answering stupid questions. Actually  I suspected that this would happen when they first shut them down. Unlike some of the snow days they seem to take each year for virtually no reason, I pretty much agree with this one. The kids were not scheduled to return to school for another month anyway and all that would be left would be for them to turn in their school gear and go home for the summer. Why bother? You wouldn't expect the dedicated teachers to work later into the summer to make up for lost days/time would you?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Yeah I know, the last time I heard anything was this morning and that's what they were saying then, I kind got burned at them and refused to listen to them for the remainder of the day.... So they actually went and did it....

And our dedicated teachers, some of the highest paid teachers in the nation, have to get their inservice days don't you know? 

Besides, the whole online schooling thing was only so they could get paid....  The teachers didn't lose a thing..... but then they are a protected special class of worker in this state.

Anyway we probably shouldn't be hijacking this build thread anymore... or Jack will have to fire up that bird and come rescue us.....

Quote:

2 hours ago, Egilman said:

Anyway we probably shouldn't be hijacking this build thread anymore... or Jack will have to fire up that bird and come rescue us.....

I don't mind a little off-topic conversation, just don't get too far off-topic. ;):D

I have to wait for the decals to dry and set firmly so I can put a 2nd coat of gloss over them and then post some update photos.

In the meantime, reinforcements arrived at 1245 hours today.  Maybe I will now have enough fire power to blast my way out of this incarceration prison I've been in.....  :D:D:D

IMG_8110.JPG.5b583485f7cff4dac782eaae4d600c8c.JPGIMG_8111.JPG.01dfadd5369d60c47e434d3d618ff2fe.JPGIMG_8112.JPG.e6afbc91302c67734e43634a11fa5fcb.JPG

Those will be cool.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

I'm partial to the Vulcan as well. I did talk to a Sharidan guy as well once though. He bragged that when they shot a round from their main gun, it was not IF they hit the target, it was WHERE they hit! He seemed pretty certain about what he was saying.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Looks like you beat me to the Sherman 😉

Nice delivery for you Jack. I'm in the minority on my preference for the Sherman 😋

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

You do need an air defense vehicle to go with all the armor, Jack.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

38 minutes ago, lmagna said:

I did talk to a Sharidan guy as well once though

The Sheridan/Shillelagh weapon system was under development at the Arsenal I was stationed at, my civilian boss was the Project Manager.

18 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Nice delivery for you Jack. I'm in the minority on my preference for the Sherman

Yes, I placed the order online Monday around 1100 hrs and it shipped that same day. Only had to come from Magnolia NJ to Catskill Mtns area. 😁😁😁😁    Why the minority on Sherman? 

BTW  this model is for Ardennes, Battle of Bulge. Haven't opened the box yet to see what extras they threw in but box says it has a lot of accessories to add. 

16 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

You do need an air defense vehicle to go with all the armor, Jack.  

This is my 3rd air defense model. I had built the Sgt York Air Defense tank some years ago plus the German AA half track..  if I line them all up I have some massive fire power (in miniature, of course) but then one can never have enough can one ;):D;) 

Edited by Jack12477