Hi

Paul_S

Hi 

Just saying hello.  Pretty new to building wooden stuff but have been doign plastic things for a while.  This sitting at home all day has given me plenty of time, I've wanted to have a go at a wooden ship for a while and thought it was a good time to start.  

Started an 18th century longboat a few weeks ago and just finished it

aJ7f4c8.png

Not the greatest picture but it serves.  Just about to start on my second boat which is a Lady Nelson

Realised i didnt say anythign about myself, very rude.

I'm a teacher from the UK, late 30's (very, very late, is thirty eleven a number?)  Have literally no background in working with wood at all, except for a cd rack i made for my GCSE Graphic Design course.

I plan to put a build thread up for my Lady Nelson as it seems to be quite a step up from the little longboat

Hi Paul,

Welcome to MSW.  Nice work on the boat.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:piratebo5:welcome to MSW, please do put a build log up! Good job on the boat😀

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Welcome to the wonderful world of wooden ship building Paul.

Good job for your first wooden model.

Look forward to seeing your build.

Paul.

That's me Paul not you Paul, be safe Paul. This getting confusing Paul.LOL LOL :)

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Welcome!! As a side note, the designers of both the 1:24 and 1:48 version of your first build have accounts here at MSW. The designer of the 1:48 (which is your build, I’m guessing) has a number of group projects you may wish to peek at, at sometime. Best of luck with the Lady Nelson!

Welcome to Model Ship World.  You did a good job on building your Longboat.  I am looking forward to see your build of your Lady Nelson.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

thirty-eleven works for me.

That makes me thirty-thirty-plus!

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Associate member of the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society (2021)

Offshore member of The Society of Model Shipwrights (2021)