The Walled Harbour of Wilberton - Diorama - Aedes Ars - 1/87 - by Kevin - December 2020

Kevin

good evening everyone

what the hell are you doing here i ask you say

well i fancied a break from ship building, and wanted to try something different, i not expecting it to take years to do either, so i could be back to the sawdust within weeks

well this is a kit by Aedes ars and they have a range of historical buildings in their catalogue, i picked this one, as the castle i fancy are now wrapped up for Christmas to me

this is the link to the subject

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stari_Most
i ordered it last night and it arrived 18 hours later

apart from tools everything is in the box

IMG_8212.jpg  IMG_8215.jpg  IMG_8216.jpg  IMG_8224.jpg  IMG_8225.jpg  IMG_8226.jpg  IMG_8228.jpg  IMG_8229.jpg  IMG_8230.jpg  IMG_8231.jpg  IMG_8232.jpg                     

IMG_8223.JPG

IMG_8227.JPG

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

This looks very interesting mate  - good practice if you ever fancied building a whole scale castle.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

4 minutes ago, Waitoa said:

Welcome to the brick building brotherhood, visited Stari Most many years ago after the Bridge was rebuilt but many of the buildings were still in ruins

its a lovely subject, i suppose you can add detail if the will is there

lol your one of the culprits for me being here, its a much smaller scale than you are working on, but gives me an ideas about working in this material, i have a couple of castles from the same company for Christmas

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Ahhhhh, another closet member of the MSW Masons Guild steps into the sunlight!!!!

Way to go brother! we will model this planet yet!!!!

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

5 minutes ago, yvesvidal said:

Kevin, what a surprise! I like these kits, but they are a little bit short in parts, so to speak.... 😉 Not much to assemble compared to a CAF model.....

Yves

just something different for a while. to keep the admiral happy, lol she lives here as well, the Enterprise will be back

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

you know what they say..........the mortar,  the merrier!  ;)  :D   {had to say it......}   welcome....I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

good evening everyone 

day 2

well i made a start yesterday, 

the card templates are of good quality, instructions are a bit like the CAF, just illustrations of the basics, i will learn more from watching the build logs on here and of course there is you tube

the tiles are set diameter, but the lengths vary, like the 5mmx5mm of which there are 000's vary from 2mm to about 15mm you you have plenty of choice to pick the size required

lots of sanding, some decent file sticks and sandpaper are the main things used so far,

the supplied glue, is very much like a decent paper/wood glue,

the 1/2 round building was hard to get the shape right so i made up a couple of 1mm bulkheads, which worked very well

i am learning as i go along, like all of my builds you can tell where i started, i am sure there will be help and advice as i plod along, im happy to listen

IMG_8236.JPG

IMG_8237.JPG

IMG_8238.JPG

IMG_8239.JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8242.JPG

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

IMG_8245.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

IMG_8247.JPG

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8249.JPG

IMG_8250.JPG

IMG_8251.JPG

IMG_8252.JPG

IMG_8253.JPG

IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

IMG_8256.JPG

IMG_8257.JPG

IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8259.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Thats a cracking start  mate  - nothing like a bit of brick work to keep you busy  - "Half a brick - Full brick  - Half a brick  - Full brick"   rinse and repeat.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

your well on your way  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Good evening everyone

day 3 much the same as yesterday

its  slow progress, so i have more than one section on the go at a time, allows time for the glue to dry

IMG_8260.JPG

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8270.JPG

IMG_8271.JPG

IMG_8272.JPG

IMG_8273.JPG

IMG_8274.JPG

IMG_8275.JPG

IMG_8276.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

7 hours ago, Waitoa said:

In comparison to me this is rapid progress.  Where the bricks extend out I have found it easier to trim with a modelling saw prior to fitting and then refine with sanding later on.

but its not as good as yours, and i agree that i need to be more careful on the ends, im loving it, something completely different to anything i have done before

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

This looks like great fun! May have to look into getting myself a kit.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

1 hour ago, EJ_L said:

This looks like great fun! May have to look into getting myself a kit.

Great fun, but oh so messy, the dust travels much further than the sawdust

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good evening eveyone

Day 4 and 5 Bridge

the reason starting this, was so that the admiral could have something on the shelf, started and completed, by me, very quickly we both realised this was not going to be a weekend job, so i put it to one side and built up a cheap lego kit, and thoroughly enjoyed it,  with a couple 1000 pieces, took sat evening and Sunday to build up (about 8 hours), yep looks like a toy

IMG_8315.thumb.JPG.2ebd2350dfaf4d20c1ea92a1a9008f04.JPG

IMG_8324.thumb.JPG.64321f0035667271cf49ad88eff88d9f.JPG

anyway having gained a bit of confidence over the last couple days, i started the bridge, and tonight have most of it done, i might be cleaning the pieces up to much, as they are quite smooth  

IMG_8326.JPG

IMG_8327.JPG

IMG_8328.JPG

IMG_8329.JPG

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8331.JPG

IMG_8332.JPG

IMG_8333.JPG

IMG_8334.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Great work Kevin,    do the  bricks  strengthen the  assemblies up much  - give them some rigidity?

OC.

Edited by Old Collingwood

Current builds  

Completed works.

the card alone is good quality, and makes a decent solid model, the bricks make it earth quake proof

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

your making some great progress Kevin..........really nice !

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

good evening everyone

day 8

the  work continues,  at a quess i would think at about 150 to 200 bricks a day

IMG_8341.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8344.JPG

IMG_8345.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

IMG_8350.JPG

IMG_8351.JPG

IMG_8352.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Absolutley amazing  considering it 1/350 scale  thats the same scale as the  moden warship builds  in the forum  - and we know how fiddly they are.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

i would think at about 150 to 200 bricks a day

You could make a decent wage doing that on some the housing sites I've been on😆

Looking good, gets better with every post, nice job👍

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Stellar progress and looks very nice. it's making me a bit more determined to make progress on the Towers. I had thought about adding lights but I didnt think the lead outs through the card formers well enough so it will have wait for the Loarre castle kit which is next up

Alan

Good evening everyone

day 9

who would have thought a few brick some cardboard, glue and some imagination could be such fun

yes i have made a few mistakes, i need to get in a better routine for windows and corners

i hope to finish this building tomorrow, and then back onto the 1/2 round house

IMG_8353.thumb.JPG.9e7280cb1fd6604683c87550fc57a543.JPGIMG_8355.thumb.JPG.dfc18421e8b6d45b2ae383884e25091b.JPGIMG_8356.thumb.JPG.83f0ca6198bbc6e3e2851ac9b08496c4.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good afternoon everyone

day 10

the roof tiles are very oversized  will address that on the next project

IMG_8361.JPG

IMG_8362.JPG

IMG_8363.JPG

IMG_8364.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

it's all in the learning curve.......I see your really getting into this project :)   looking good!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

good evening everyone

well it had to happen, not happy with just the kit, i had to expand my project a little

i have been following a few logs on here @Ekis @modeller_masa and @Waitoa and they have inspired me to do something different for a change,  i have always been happy with building ships and thoroughly enjoy it, but in the last few months i have realised that there are other things i would love to try,

this was brought to a head a few weeks ago when the wife suggested trying something different and the Stari Most Bridge was started

so here i am with a 48x 30 inch base board and a town to build, i have no time frame to work to, but would like to get the Dorade build completed within the next six months, 

inspired by Game of Thrones i did try basing the idea on the city Of Dubronik, but the harbour was taking to much room, so i have scaled it at present to the fortification of a river valley with high walls on two sides 

still very much in the planning stage, and would love any ideas and take any criticism 

IMG_8385.JPG

IMG_8386.JPG

IMG_8387.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I have to ask  (can not help myself)   are you going to do some figures?

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

7 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

I have to ask  (can not help myself)   are you going to do some figures?

OC.

yes

def some monks and some girls of bad reputation lol, 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished