King of the Mississippi by Adrieke - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:80 - with LED lighting

Keith,

Go here:  http://modelshipworldforum.com/ship-model-furniture-and-deck-fittings.php  about halfway down the page....

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

hello Keith . yeha when researching i saw that and wil be checking out some stores :)

no flickering lights . it would require more knowledge of electronics then i have :). when she is done and i have shown off to all the "interested" people i doubt th elights wil be on much

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

I looked that over Mark and it says in the dimming LED part "In a future update of this article I will present a simple electronic circuit to achieve this and also a cicuit to make an LED flicker like a candle."

but I didnt see any updates on the flicker mechanism. Thanks for the link.

I looked that over Mark and it says in the dimming LED part "In a future update of this article I will present a simple electronic circuit to achieve this and also a cicuit to make an LED flicker like a candle."

but I didnt see any updates on the flicker mechanism. Thanks for the link.

keith  its in this tutorial : http://modelshipworldforum.com/resources/furniture/Flickering_LED_Tutorial.pdf

i decided to finish off the steering cabin. all that was left was the wiring.

bottom bit. both wires are black as red would have been to noticable. (i marked plus and minus to keep them apart)

post-622-0-86429700-1367581911_thumb.jpg

top. this part can be taken out together with the top of the cabin

post-622-0-41119800-1367581914_thumb.jpg

finished the walk way (i have also added the chains but didnt take a pic of that)

post-622-0-75760300-1367581915_thumb.jpg

finaly after varnishing the second deck and finishing of some of the windows in the doors i have glued the 3rd deck on. it all fits nicely.

post-622-0-04863800-1367581919_thumb.jpg

Nice job Adrieke, the wiring gives such a lot of extra work, but I am sure that at the end it will pay off.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Next build : sl Louise</span>

thanks John. so far the lights are still working :) . i stil need to rethink how i wil be wiring up the back 4 rooms of the 3rd deck stateroom but i am sure i ll find a solution :)

with the 3rd deck on i can now start adding the first and second deck headposts. rememebr thta i made a square hole in the 3rd deck . i am now doign the same on the 3rd deck and then sliding the headposts in. since they curve a bit a 1mm brasswire bit is glued in the bottom to hold it in place

post-622-0-47963000-1367652348_thumb.jpg

you can also see the bit of the small smokestacks that go into the engineroom. i mitre cut the dowel then rounded it a bit to get the bend

the 3 struts that i asume are there to give support for the overhanging first deck are also cut and drilled.

the last picture shows 3 of the headposts in place :)

post-622-0-08819700-1367652351_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrieke

Nice job Adrieke, you are well progressing.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

I love that last picture, it really shows how she is starting to come together nicely!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

thanks Wim,John,Randy and Robbyn :)

compared to the last few weeks, things are speeding up now. thanks to the preparations  the headposts go pretty quickly :)

i have done 9 in total now 3 more to go on this side which i am hoping to finish tomorrow. i do need to keep checking as i am doing everything totaly out of sequence compared to the instructions and i dont want to forget something

thanks Sjors Carl and David :)

before i finishing the headposts on the second deck i think i better put the stairs in place

i created a shape in a balsa block to make sure i bend the stair railings all the same :)

post-622-0-19511700-1367725858_thumb.jpg

i wil have to treenail the 3rd deck first before adding those railings

headposts on first deck on one side mostly done now except for the front one (need to a bit of touch up paiting on the curved stairs) the decond level i am waiting for the stairs to install

post-622-0-76969300-1367725860_thumb.jpg

look of the first stairs in place

post-622-0-15169600-1367725862_thumb.jpg

Nice job Adrieke, real fun adding those details which are completing the decks.

Regards,

John

<br />

<br />

yup John i really love this part :)

btw i just realised i am going to run out of eyebolts very soon. acording to the partlist 30 are needed.

a quick calculation : 8 for the doors on deck 1, 8 more for the chains on the 2 openings. 4 for the cable that holds up the first deck, 4 more for the walkway . about 7 more for tying of the walkway . 9 for the walkway with chain itself. 16 for the 4 cables on each of the large smoke stacks. tahts already 56 and i have probably forgotten a few :(

This is what I'm in the middle of now. I came to the same problems as you with the boiler room and engine room not alining up. I had thought about extending the structure but instead I had done just as you had. Planking the hull I had just enough strips but way to close for comfort. Thanks, reading this has given me a heads up for possible problems later in the build, keep up the great work!

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Adrieke,

Looking real good!   Still looking for your post on the other site...... :D :D

Cheers,

Jim

:cheers:

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

That close up view makes her look so realistic and life like. I can imagine myself walking along the deck and going down those stairs. She is looking Great!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

@Scott thank you . i hope we l be seeing a buildlog of yours too. dont forget because you wetn the same way as me you wil need to adjust the slots in the 3rd deck other wise the smoke stack holes and the edges of the deck wil not line up correctly

@ Jim thanks. this one is taking up all my time for now. whem she is finished and i am workign on the endeavour i am pretty sure there is going to be time for me to restart on the stagecoach :)

@ Robbyn thank you this is the part i am loving finishing off and creating all the detail . looking forward to when its all in place on the lower 2 decks and turn on the lights :)

@Sjors its next to the engine room (dont want anyone fallign down the stairs late at night :) ) i am affraid i only wil be serving belgian beer though :cheers:

only belgian beer on an american icon... yeah, that'll work ;)

I guess if she were based out of St. Louis, the only beer available would be Budwieser..  :unsure:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I guess if she were based out of St. Louis, the only beer available would be Budwieser..  :unsure:

Mark,

Adrieke is talking 'BEER', the stuff you get drunk on two or three bottles :P:D;)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

haha randy i am the captain and i am not sailing without my beer :piratetongueor4:

honestly never drunk budweiser Mark ^_^

Carl knows what i am talking about ;) and they l be served in the correct glass too

i had taken this monday off and decided to finish of the display

the front pedestal holds the wiring while teh back one has a screw going into the keel for extra stability

post-622-0-25038200-1367823072_thumb.jpg

fixed the broken rudder too

post-622-0-11651800-1367823075_thumb.jpg

and here is how she looks now

post-622-0-48792300-1367823076_thumb.jpg

post-622-0-89881100-1367823079_thumb.jpg

the rest of the build she ll be supported by some cut up pool noodle so i dont accidentaly put top much pressure on the pedestals

Nice Adrieke, she gets really shape now.

Regards,

John

<br />

<br />