Tiny workshop

Closer to the refrigerator with cold, adult beverages too! 

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

I lost my basement a few years ago too.  You may want to look into a secretary like this one that  I bought from Amazon.  Works well as a workbench for anything up to four feet long or so.  The Admiral likes it to when it's all close up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A93Y2MO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9 hours ago, ah100m said:

I lost my basement a few years ago too.  You may want to look into a secretary like this one that  I bought from Amazon.  Works well as a workbench for anything up to four feet long or so.  The Admiral likes it to when it's all close up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A93Y2MO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought about that sort of thing but we don’t have a good place for it.  The current system is working well and it keeps me organized and neat. 

I too have moved to a house half the size of the former one and that made my basement shop an OK place to work but lacked the space, lighting and environmental control I had grown accustomed to. I use the computer room in the new house. It isn't ideal as I still have to return to the basement for lumber milling. But the bottom line is the lighting, the comfort and there is no more isolation. That is probably the best part.

Joe

1 hour ago, Papa said:

Actually, my favorite adult beverage is bourbon, neat😋

Well, I can't argue with that!!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 1 month later...

I lost my workspace to my kids, and that was 17 years ago.  I never got it back.  I'm stuck working on the kitchen table.  Thankfully, the wife doesn't mind.  I recently purchased Occre's Workspace Cabinet which has proven helpful.  I think a rolling cart like that one would be helpful too.