HMS Terror by CapnCarss - FINISHED - OcCre - Scale 1:75

3 hours ago, clearway said:

Looking good and welcome to the terror club:cheers:. Logs by keith s, danield and myself showsome changes that can be made to make the kit more accurate.

Keith

Will check out the builds you're doing. This is my first wooden ship so trying to keep it straight OOB for the meantime while I find my feet! Having said that, I'm here to learn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congratulations!  Well done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 6 months later...

Beautiful model. Where are you located?

My reason for asking is, the President Rutherford Hayes Presidential Library at Fremont, Ohio is looking for a model of either the HMS Resolute or HMS Terror for an exhibit that will run from March 2023 to June 2024. 

Kevin Moore, is the curator with the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums in Fremont, Ohio. They are currently working on an exhibit on the history of arctic exploration in the 19th century. President Hayes received the Resolute Desk from Queen Victoria, which has been used by nearly every president since Hayes. The Resolute Desk was constructed from the timbers of the HMS Resolute, the ship that was dispatched to search for the lost Franklin Expedition. Their upcoming exhibit will use that connection as an opportunity to explore the broader maritime history of the arctic. 

If you are open to sharing your model with the Hayes Presidential Library for a year, let me know and I will have the curator contact you. 

Thanks...........................bill

Really nice work, well done my friend!!!!!

:cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah

The Mayflower  Amati 1:60 Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   To be decided!!

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati