Pinta by Knocklouder - FINISHED - Amati - 1:65

8 hours ago, Knocklouder said:

Hi, this must have scared a lot of people, but glad it working again. So now the life boats, well I was raiding the Nina for parts for the  Pinta  decided to make the canons,and the life boats.

They  turn out good the boars  ,I mean..

The canons I had made different but, after the first one thought it was not right so made them this way instead.

20220726_005017.jpg

20220726_004809.jpg

20220723_170722.jpg

Thanks

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

Unexpected surprise,  kids are hear brought me these, to help me.  Now we are in a fight over where the shipyard starts and their  part of the house lol :10_1_10:Kid says HAY old guy they used to build ships by the river so down to the Greek you go Lol  over joyed for all my blessings  in this world of ours today 😀 😉  :cheers:

20220726_120449.jpg

Edited by Knocklouder
typos of course

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

The boats etc turned out nicely, a lot better than those metal things.  More goodies to play with; must be your birthday ;) :) 

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

:cheers: Thanks, not my birthday yet but got this free after I ordered my case, which is 18x24x60 inchs , plexiglass.  Oh well what can you do Fill em both LOL 😆 :10_1_10:

20220726_223855.jpg

13 hours ago, Altduck said:

I Messaged Chris Coyle and he did it for me.

You must have gotten me confused with another staffer. I don't handle NRG issues.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

2 hours ago, Altduck said:

OK, Found it (the memory is the 2nd thing to go)

It was:

James H, Adminstrator

I came to the same conclusion ... When asked what the first thing was I reply, "I don't remember.".

Completed builds:  Khufu Solar Barge - 1:72 Woody Joe

Current project(s): Gorch Fock restoration 1:100, Billing Wasa (bust) - 1:100 Billings, Great Harry (bust) 1:88 ex. Sergal 1:65

Hi,

Spoiler

:10_1_10:

No got a hold of NRG office awhile ago they said administers will do it for me but with all that's been going on their hands are full, it will happen when it does , like ups sucks cant deliver a package on time lost 3 days pay and counting wont be here till aug 4th holly I need Pinta parts lol what can you do.

was wondering now that the Santa Maria is done and will be under the case soon , the sails I just stained in coffee and was wondering if I should do anything to them to help them last, because all 3 ships will be done the same way, will they last what can I do to help it last that sort of thing.

Really like being able to see how to do thing here at MSW my first build was because of MSW showing me were  to look at what logs and advise , A member who has a Tom Cruise avatar of the Last Samaria his Finished  log is so good ,Of the Santa Maria ,that was were I copied the rigging He is so talented like so many others  here I will learn so much but got to attend to my sails and more computer lessons lol  waiting for parts  reading reading reading lol Later

Edited by Knocklouder
typos of course

I don't know how I did those hidden comments lol:10_1_10:

Just to clarify some thing I copied his rigging, but did not pay attention to his knot tieing and  that was my mistake, he is really good and watching his log is so fascinating,  everyone is helping so much thanks guys   really glad I stayed :dancetl6::bird-vi:

Hi where to begin 😆, Someone asked me how and what  I  cut my planks with, I have upgraded lol thanks to him and his advise.

Was going to start a new log for Nina, waiting for parts ,u p .. something, they can't seem to deliver lol Anyway  because it's here on the shelf, but life turns so quick. 

Seems my son has got "Polymorphous  Light  Eruption "  please only make me spell that once  lol,  it means he is sensitive to light, sunlight and he's was a welder, made him sick, lost his job, they fired him, lost his pension money,  what can you do , good news is he's ok and moving back home, bonus  bringing two more kids too lol. So tech support  won't be far, should help my computer skills elevate fast.

Not going to start  the Nina , one ship at a time, but use her parts for Pinta and this is where she stands now 

20220731_192958.jpg

20220731_193012.jpg

20220731_214916.jpg

Edited by Knocklouder
typos of course

20220731_205114.jpg

20220731_203641.jpg

20220731_203222.jpg

So glad to be able to see these logs, they do  such a great job and so detailed  too, ideas just bounce everywhere,  I was looking at a log of the Winnie.  Was that fantastic!  So many good logs and to think I was going to run because of my computer problems and BANG tech support upstairs,  now just have to learn how to build ships right,  so counting on you guys. lol The mask is for my grandson's  Viking ship.  It's going to be his sail.  Should he start a log??? lol, Him and I want to fill this case with models. what a journey  I have set sail on. Thanks for you patience.  Still no NRG flag but it's the long weekend.  I know...waiting for parts lol. :cheers:

20220726_223855.jpg

20220727_231847.jpg

Edited by Knocklouder
more typos

1 hour ago, Knocklouder said:

So glad to be able to see these logs, they do  such a great job and so detailed  too, ideas just bounce everywhere,  I was looking at a log of the Winnie.  Was that fantastic!  So many good logs and to think I was going to run because of my computer problems and BANG tech support upstairs,  now just have to learn how to build ships right,  so counting on you guys. lol The mask is for my grandson's  Viking ship.  It's going to be his sail.  Should he start a log??? lol, Him and I want to fill this case with models. what a journey  I have set sail on. Thanks for you patience.  Still no NRG flag but it's the long weekend.  I know...waiting for parts lol. :cheers:

20220726_223855.jpg

20220727_231847.jpg

The last 2 posts were edited by the first mate.  

Bob, sorry to hear about your son's skin condition. Hopefully that clears up shortly and he can get back to work.

Nope no more welding for him. He is ok but will be staying here a couple of years ,so he can take courses on line, I could use the tech support  lolShould be able to use the computer by then lol .Started planking the inside , going to cut all the planks for the sides tomorrow  going to bed lol to dream of my ship  :dancetl6:

20220801_014829.jpg

Edited by Knocklouder
Typos again lol

8 hours ago, carlo_l said:

Nice work on these models @Knocklouder 😃 You work super fast! I wish I was as fast on that planking xD

Thanks,it just looks fast,slow and steady it get easier  you will  see

Edited by Knocklouder
more typos again

You're making great progress mate; looks good.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Well you guess it no delivery today😔,don't even want to talk about it  lol,

After I took the clamps off I glued a bit more inside, and got it ready for the 2x2 . Also drew  lines where the bulk heads are , to me it make sense to start plaking the out side of the ship starting with these two planks,  they are not glued  waiting  to make sure. I figured they must have had 20 foot planks for sure so . I said the ship is  60 feet long no one knows for sure lol, so made 10 cm planks to be my 20 foot planks. I  like the deck coming nicely can't wait to put some finish coats on it.

20220802_230243.jpg

Edited by Knocklouder
Yep typos 😒

20220802_225920.jpg

I had to add a new desk to the ship yard, so everything is upside down  right now, so the rest of the night is organizetion  time lol :dancetl6::cheers:

20220802_230302.jpg

20220801_025754.jpg

Edited by Knocklouder
Yep typos 😒

Man, you're going so fast your model might catch fire!  🤣Nice work!👏🏼

Clear skies and sharp tools,

Gabe

Current builds:
Harvey, Baltimore Clipper - Artesania Latina
HMS Triton Cross Section, 18th Century Frigate - online scratch build
HMCS Agassiz, WW2 Flower-Class Corvette - HMV - card model

Completed:
Swift, Pilot Schooner - Artesania Latina --- Build log --- Gallery

Skeeter, Ship-in-Bottle - Ships a Sailin' kit --- Build log

Santa Maria, Caravel - Artesania Latina --- Build log

:default_wallbash:U:default_wallbash:p :default_wallbash:s yep todays excuse the truck broke down,  like they only have one truck . Just want a memory of  all this LOL :10_1_10:

Hey hey hey got my NRG logo today let's see if I get a delivery from the ugly package service.Have a great day everyone  😀 :10_1_10:

Congratulations on getting your NRG logo attached. It lets everyone know you support your model ship building community.