Ottoman Ship of the Line Mahmudiye by GeorgeKapas - FINISHED - 1/350

Thank you all!!! Oh well, Karteria is well underway, but unfortunatelly rather stalled due to the lack of details of the Brent plans.... We'll see how it goes...The water is made by by applying tissue paper and woodglue into a few layers, and then form the waves with a brush. I found something similar done online and developed a method of my own based on that, to me it seems quite bizzare that not many do it like that.. anyway. The deck is simply a patern I drew on MS paint and printed it in black and white, then painted it with acrylics and sealed it with enamel clear coat. Nowdays I make another small model of the "La Couronne" (1636) mostly for my own pleasure, testing some new methods and materials, but in the general philisophy of these builts. I'll make a thread soon enough!

On 7/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, GeorgeKapas said:

So here the rigging process is well underway, the yard lifters and most of the standing rigging is in place 😅😁😇 You can also now see the base with the water ready. I'll elaborate next on how I made it 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

What a beauty George! Not only are the details stunning and the overall proportion  of a three decker is perfectly portrayed, also the spirit of a sailing warship in Mediterranean waters arises nicely.

Greeting, Rudolf

• 1 month later...

George, I didn't know there was a naval museum in Chania! Too bad we were so focused on hiking the Samaria gorge. Next time!

Our local Greek restaurant has a lovely framed poster of Chania harbour with the lighthouse and all the restaurants along the quay; fond memories!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 7:02 PM, Ian_Grant said:

George, I didn't know there was a naval museum in Chania! Too bad we were so focused on hiking the Samaria gorge. Next time!

Our local Greek restaurant has a lovely framed poster of Chania harbour with the lighthouse and all the restaurants along the quay; fond memories!

I hoped you enjoyed the city Ian! Yes, the red building oposite the lighthouse at the harbour's entrance, on the Firka fortress.

Alas, I have diverted my attention on a small built of La Couronne, rather unwisely. But this too fell short, perhaps a move to bigger builts is needed, once bigger workspace is available 

• 11 months later...