Martin B-26B Marauder by CDW - FINISHED - Airfix - 1:72 Scale

CDW

Just now, Dave_E said:

Outstanding Sir! 👍What’s next? 😀

I intended to build the T-2C Buckeye next, but I just realized I do not have the all-important "florescent orange" paint color I need to finish it. I want to make sure I have everything in hand before I start the little project, so I will decide on something else to do before the Buckeye. Stay tuned....

Great job Craig!  Fantastic paint job!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 7 months later...

One a day in Tampa Bay, as the old saw went. McDill was the training base for the B-26 in WWII. The original wing was on the small side, meaning it had higher landing speeds. And the unlovely nickname of the Flying Prostitute, since it had no visible means of support. I built a model of Flak Bait, in 1/72 scale, eons back. The original is in the Smithsonian, I believe.

How are these newer ICM kits? I picked up some Soviet era jets and they were a bear to build. Lack of locating pins, short shot parts.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

18 minutes ago, Canute said:

One a day in Tampa Bay, as the old saw went. McDill was the training base for the B-26 in WWII. The original wing was on the small side, meaning it had higher landing speeds. And the unlovely nickname of the Flying Prostitute, since it had no visible means of support. I built a model of Flak Bait, in 1/72 scale, eons back. The original is in the Smithsonian, I believe.

How are these newer ICM kits? I picked up some Soviet era jets and they were a bear to build. Lack of locating pins, short shot parts.

The newer molds are much better than the early ones, but they still have some obstacles to overcome, and I am speaking specifically about their 1:48 A-26 Invader series which are the latest of their new issues I am familiar with. Their new/er HE-111 builds out beautifully as can be seen right here on this forum. I'm guessing and hoping all at the same time these new Marauders will be sweet.

Mentioning air bases here in Tampa, MacDill being the most well known (and still operational), there was also Drew Field, a huge airbase back around the WW2 days. There are still many old quonset huts scattered all about the area being employed by various commercial businesses these days along with many of the wooden frame structures as well. Our national guard armory has lots of equipment stashed there still. Tampa International Airport is adjacent to this old airfield. Then there was a third military airfield in the Busch Gardens area and remnants of the runways still remain. One of my old RC airplane clubs used to fly from those runways a few decades ago.