Pirate ship from Asterix and the Great Crossing by O.B.one - FINISHED - no scale - BOTTLE - the moment before Asterix and Obelix board to spoil the captain's birthday - 3d printed - Fictional

Thanks everyone for following along. I have reached the end. I'll cork it, wrap, and gift it to my brother. I won't seal the cork, if I ever happen upon some .stl figures that I can turn into the pirates before printing, they should be easy to add. But as far as this build goes, I regard it as finished. 

What a difference the surface waves makes. I was a bit heavy on the white, but it is a cartoon after all. At least that is what I tell myself. 20230514_193158.thumb.jpg.3890ada18142e537330f073109032899.jpg20230514_193132.thumb.jpg.bddedfcadf56864cba0d1b39128ad6f9.jpg20230514_193123.thumb.jpg.47a430525a6c87496c27965a83e7c853.jpg

The two other projects are still going, albeit no progress this weekend. Mothers day took over, rightly so. I'll add photos of those as they progress. I don't want to push them hard on those. 

Current build 

HMB Endeavour SIB (Documenting on msw) slow going

Completed builds:

Hannah by Amati SIB

Generic 2 mast schooner SIB

Wyoming 6 mast schooner SIB (Documented on msw) 

Pirate ship from Asterix and the Great Crossing SIB (Documented on msw)

Shelfed for now

Ineos Britannia SIB (Documenting on msw)

The finished creation looks great, O.B.one!  This has been a fun build to follow.  Looking forward to seeing how the other 2 projects turn out!

Very cool!   Nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Nicely done my friend,  :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,

The Mayflower-Amati-1:60

Current Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom, Viking Ship Drakkar -Amati-1:50

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

• 1 month later...

Some updates on the two sideline projects

The turquoise and pink biblical fishing boat is finished

20230620_173830.thumb.jpg.caf66441f878ea2c7b35621fcfbbd804.jpg20230619_195823.thumb.jpg.ac30797534b93a913dcf283a8818f44e.jpg

The Lego rescue boat is going much slower

20230626_203111.thumb.jpg.5dd790c37f3b30408026410dd659e4c6.jpg

Look at what they put on my birthday cake. Lego rubberduck in a jar20230622_182655.thumb.jpg.022ed6d851ff742299c92f0d4a9c153c.jpg

Current build 

HMB Endeavour SIB (Documenting on msw) slow going

Completed builds:

Hannah by Amati SIB

Generic 2 mast schooner SIB

Wyoming 6 mast schooner SIB (Documented on msw) 

Pirate ship from Asterix and the Great Crossing SIB (Documented on msw)

Shelfed for now

Ineos Britannia SIB (Documenting on msw)

The biblical fishing boat came out fantastic!  Congratulations to your younger daughter on her work of art!

And the birthday cake is just epic!!  I would've had a hard time cutting that up to eat.  

Love that fishing boat. I know how hard it is to keep children motivated to try things that appear too difficult for them. This experience a great result could be the start of something greater! 

Hope they didn't put a lego submarine inside the cake though... better be careful...

16 hours ago, Javelin said:

Hope they didn't put a lego submarine inside the cake though... better be careful...

He'll have to inspect any cake for tiny periscopes.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)