HMS Speedy by usedtosail - Vanguard Models - Scale 1:64

I finished up the rigging on the driver boom and moved on to the adding the lift lines to the yards. I started with the lower yards and worked my way up to the topG yard lifts. I think the hardest part of adding these was threading the lines down through the mast tops to the deck without having them foul other lines. I also added the jib boom guys to the bowsprit, which go through eye bolts on the sport sail yard and end with tackles hooked to eye bolts in the hull. These were pretty straight forward.

I am now to the point of adding the sheets, tacks and other sail control lines. I have also been going back and replacing lines that I didn't like the look of, mostly because I had already tied them off and trimmed them but they have gone slack. I am really not happy with the ratlines. As you can see in the close up picture in the previous post, the knots have not stayed tight and many off the end knots have come loose. I may go drastic and remove them all and redo them, even though I have to work around other lines now. I have not have this problem to this degree on past builds, but I used a polyester thread on this model where I usually use nylon thread.

In any case here how the model looks at this point.

IMG_2766.jpg.f4c9c89b536a580be307cb74bd105d19.jpg

Great job Tom, your sails look great, I can really appreciate the effort you have gone to get such good results on a square rig, adding sails to a Cutter is enough for me at the moment!  :imNotWorthy:
As for the rat lines, yes I feel your pain and the dilemma, but as everything thing else is so great on your build, it would be a shame not to try and tackle them. 😑

Thanks Andrew. I will be addressing the rat lines as they are now to see what I can do to make them look better. I may be able to replace the few worst ones and clean up the rest.