Interested in purchase . (the company is closed at present)

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

Israel, but have company that tranships from Florida

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

I can sell you mine, I don't use it very much. I am in Australia though, and the power plug has been modified for an Australian power socket. It is 240V. Inbox me if you are interested. 

I suspect shipping will be VERY expensive, given that I don't have the box for it and even internal postage within Australia for something as heavy as this costs a lot of money! 

Edited by Keith_W

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

So why is Model machines closed?

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

Jim said he would be closed till mid September for a vacation/shop inventory and business or something…. Should be open now, I ordered a few saw blades from them Wednesday and received order confirmation the same day…. Don’t know if that was computer generated- have not received a Shipped notification yet though so IDK…. But the notice on the website says they were planning on re opening mid September.

9 hours ago, ASAT said:

But the notice on the website says they were planning on re opening mid September.

Thanks for the news. Someone posted elsewhere that they couldn't raise Byrnes by phone or email and they had earlier announced they'd be taking orders again beginning in mid-August, I believe, then later changed that to mid-September. I was starting to worry, hoping all was well with them. They are such nice people. Sometimes we don't appreciate those who provide valuable resources until they're gone and no replacement exists thereafter. While Byrnes Model Machines occupy a rather small niche in the market, they really are a "national treasure."

The same here I saw closed till Mid Sept. Still not open. I have sent emails and phones calls. No response???

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

• 1 month later...

Jim 

On 10/6/2023 at 10:44 PM, Bob Cleek said:

omeone posted elsewhere that they couldn't raise Byrnes by phone or email and they had earlier

On 10/7/2023 at 11:30 AM, Cap'n Rat Fink said:

I have sent emails and phones calls. No response???

Sadly Jim Byrnes passed away due to an illness. His family is working out if and how they can move forward. They do have stock of the new model sander but aren’t taking other orders

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

On 10/6/2023 at 12:47 PM, Cap'n Rat Fink said:

So why is Model machines closed?

See above

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

• 1 month later...

Did the OP ever come across a sander? I have a barely used one I would sell.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

1 hour ago, mikiek said:

Did the OP ever come across a sander? I have a barely used one I would sell.

I would be interested. Where are you located?

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CLovehitch said:

Hello I am looking to purchase a thickness Sander, I live in California.  I am spoiled I love the Byrnes Machines.

Any suggestions? Thank you, Nick

Current post on the Model Machines website:

We are in the process of personal and corporate recovery after the loss of Jim ...
We will not be accepting orders for machines until further notice, but you may still order accessories. We need to complete an inventory and business reorganization, which we hope to accomplish in the next few weeks.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support ...
Donna Byrnes

Word on the MSW forum also reported a conversation with Donna Byrnes confirming they would be back to filling orders shortly. Keep an eye on their website for a formal announcement. 

Edited by Bob Cleek

On 1/24/2024 at 9:51 AM, CLovehitch said:

Hello I am looking to purchase a thickness Sander, I live in California.  I am spoiled I love the Byrnes Machines.

Any suggestions? Thank you, Nick

Where in California?

I'm in Roseville, and I have a Byrnes thickness sander that I doubt I will use in the future.

PM me if you wish to pursue it

Richard