HMS Montague 1779 bygaryshipwright - 74-gun Alfred-class

Hi every one and hope every one is doing fine. Been having a bit of bad luck going on with the house, had a little fire about a month ago and working on getting the house a make over in the up and coming month's. Hopefully we will get to move back in, in about 6 month's or so. Seems like a long time but keeping busy so the time doesn't drag on.  Hoping the good crew can help me out. I posted a list of my books but I can't seem to find it and hoping some one will have come across it. Need to turn a couple of my book's in but thankfully the biggest part of the libaray is in the addition in the work shop. Thank you and will be back before you know it. Gary

I'm sorry to read about your bad luck, Gary. I hope you will be back home in under the six months you figure it will take. Where is this list of books you mention?

Best wishes as you get things back together again.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Hi Gary,

I feel awful about what has happened.   I found the  Portia Takakjian list that you posted back in the day but not your own.  Was it up before the big crash 10 years ago?   

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Allan and thank you. Do believe it was after the big  crash. Only thing I can remember is that it was posted to give folk's a ideal of what books one may see what is out there. Some of my most important books were in the den so am trying to find them so I can claim them on the insurance. I  do think I have enough info from photo's of the book's  in the den but having that list just help me. Thanks again Allan. Gary

Edited by garyshipwright

I am sorry to learn what you've got to go through with all this.  What I've learned is I best get some photos as proof of what I have accumulated for any insurance claim.

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Associate member of the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society (2021)

Offshore member of The Society of Model Shipwrights (2021)

What horrible news.  Hope your life returns to some semblance of normal before the year's end.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I recall coming across this posting of yours regarding the library, is it the one you are looking for:

5 hours ago, AON said:

What I've learned is I best get some photos as proof of what I have accumulated for any insurance claim.

This is great advice, even for books    When I look at the value of some of my own books it is substantial so photos will be taken and saved as soon as we get home from vacation.   

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

6 hours ago, VTHokiEE said:

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I recall coming across this posting of yours regarding the library, is it the one you are looking for:

I am going to hazard a guess.  BINGO!

The closer you get to Canada, the more things will eat your horses. ~ T. King

I'm sorry to hear about the fire but it's good that everyone is unharmed.   Take all the time you need for repairs and getting through all the paperwork, construction, etc.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 5/22/2023 at 5:52 AM, AON said:

I am sorry to learn what you've got to go through with all this.  What I've learned is I best get some photos as proof of what I have accumulated for any insurance claim.

Thanks Alan. One of the best things to do other then photos of every thing is make sure you have enough insurance to recoup every thing you have. The best thing is 95 percent of the books was in the work shop addition. Of course I miss the 5 percent that was in the den. 😭Gary

Edited by garyshipwright

22 hours ago, tlevine said:

What horrible news.  Hope your life returns to some semblance of normal before the year's end.

Thanks Toni. They have us in a condo at the moment and has a little semblance of normal but nothing like home that's for sure.

Edited by garyshipwright

19 hours ago, VTHokiEE said:

Thank's VTHokiEE, that is the exact one am looking for, thanks again. 

11 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I'm sorry to hear about the fire but it's good that everyone is unharmed.   Take all the time you need for repairs and getting through all the paperwork, construction, etc.   

Hi Mark. Every one is fine and the dog's to. You are so right about this and it will take some time for the repairs. Getting the paper work done is a whole different ball game. Trying to list every thing that you have  in your home is very time consuming, but having photo's of the den and the rest of the personal items does help. Never knew I had so much stuff. Thank you again. Gary

Edited by garyshipwright

• The title was changed to HMS Montague 1779 bygaryshipwright - 74-gun Alfred-class