HMS Victory by Harvey - Corel - scale 1:98

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI

Thank you again Grant and captain Steve and GuntherMT for your likes and comments.

Have not done much in the shipyard but I have finished the shrouds and the lanyards, Not totally happy with the lanyards the way I have tied them around the shrouds, so I will leave for a couple of days before I make any decisions, but might redo with a thicker rope and see if it sits any better.

post-1325-0-95113900-1440709581_thumb.jpg

post-1325-0-96013800-1440709598_thumb.jpg

Things must be getting serious because I have glued in the bowsprit, I was leaving as long as possible so the ship was easer to turn on the work bench.

Picture next time when I start to rig it in.

Edited by Harvey

Harvey

Current Build: HMS Victory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

After a 4 months break (not by choice) Managed to get some time in the shipyard and done a bit more on the rigging.

Hope it won't be so long again.

post-1325-0-28260400-1454446269_thumb.jpg

post-1325-0-44474800-1454446303_thumb.jpg

Sorry For the bad background I will try and post with something more fitting next time.

Harvey

Hi

Tried to get a better background could not find anything better that the back of the plans. (Not allowed to white wash the wall) But it does give a better view of the rigging so far.

Can't think of much more to say so here are some pictures.

post-1325-0-90157600-1455050148_thumb.jpg

post-1325-0-40077000-1455050166_thumb.jpg

post-1325-0-64546000-1455050187_thumb.jpg

Harvey

Hi Mark

I did not splice the served shrouds, Got a shroud marked where the serving should be and served the middle then wraped (Think the correct term is frapped) round to make a loop just big enough to go over the mast here is a picture of one that went very wrong.

Hope this helps if not let me know.

post-1325-0-26545100-1455052443_thumb.jpg

Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Bad news, was hit by some chain shot (A pair of scissors) As I was not happy with so much of the rigging, so decided to start again on some of it. I could give a list of what was wrong but we haven’t got all day.

So hard to cut the lanyards on so much work but had to be done.

post-1325-0-65561200-1455743848_thumb.jpg

Harvey

Brave move, Harvey !! 'Tis never an easy decision to cut-out work you have spent hours on. But, once you have re-done the shrouds and are happy with them, then you will wonder why you waited so long.

I applaud you.

(All I'll say further is, been there, done that ... in my case, many times)

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

• 1 month later...

Hi J

The netting came from one of my daughters old party dresses (when you are a ship builder always on the look out for things to use)

Painted it on a piece of glass with clear mat varnish to stiffen it when dried cut to size and stuck it on with varnish and the rope

hope this helps

Harvey

Harvey i seamed not to have been to your build for quite some time, lovely work, I guess we are about the same stage, at present I am putting in the shrouds to the mizzen mast, 

Been in build for 4 years now and so want to finish her this year, making the 37 sails will perhaps be my next big project

I promise not to stay away for so long 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Forgot to say, she looks fantastic

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Harvey, I can't believe I hadn't seen this Victory build before. What a nice surprise! It will be a long time before I catch up but I shall follow along from now on. Thanks for sharing.

Best, Ian

HI

I was going to post some pictures of the ratlines as I have just started doing them, But found a a good photo effect on my phone called elements and this one is called fog so I thought I would post this instead.

post-1325-0-42567200-1459540908_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harvey

Harvey

Hi

Doing the ratlines, taken over a week so far because I have got to this stage before, with 0.25mm rope but it was too thick and looked awful.

So I ripped it all off and started again with 0.10mm I think it look much better.

post-1325-0-28518200-1460317848_thumb.jpg

Still a long way to go but getting there.

Harvey