Posting etiquette

Do the moderators have a policy on members adding photos or illustrations to others builders logs? For example, Mark Sloane mentioned an issue he had making gratings so I posted my solution but under a new topic elsewhere. Perhaps some builders may take exception to others posting photos to their log. Opinions?

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

I don't mind others posting pictures in my log. Its very helpful when I'm looking for tips and advice.

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

For me, at least, if i have a challenge and someone can provide a photo to show me a possible solution, I'm all for it!  When in doubt, post a quick question as your response - worst that can happen is the original poster will say no thanks!

Edited by trippwj

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Greg,

It was done on the old MSW (pre-crash) so I don't see why it can't be done here.   Come to think of it, I've seen several logs where that's happened and everyone has profited.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Guest midnight

I don't think you will get to many people saying no , if any . I was always happy with others posting pictures to a question i had when i got to a point where i was stuck . Not only helping me but others who may find themselves in the same situation . Maybe posting in their log and also , as in the case , the building of deck furniture section so those that don't follow all build logs will also benefit . I know it's doubling up but not every-one can follow all the logs  

Basically agreeing with everyone else - back in the 'old' MSW my build log had many sections where others posted images that I used for reference.  For me it was an invaluable resource, not only were my questions answered but when it related to the 'look' of a part or portion the picture is definitely worth any number of words.

Kats aka Sailcat

'Obsessive' is just another way of saying 'Dedicated.

Completed Build Log:  Dame Tisane (1/96 Revell Cutty Sark re-imagined)  

i think as long as its relevant to the owner of the buildlog to help him or even others no one will complain

we are all adults here i think we all know what we can and cant do :)

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Its fine as long as the original log author doesnt want to.  If that happens I would ask any original log author to contact.  It shouldnt be an issue though as most cases it is in response to a request for help and opinions.  Should a log owner not want any...then they shouldnt ask.

But we will handle it on a case by case basis and I really dont think there will any issues.

Chuck

If I'm asking for help then fine. To have someone post out of the blue, well here is how I did it showing his way. Well maybe I did not choose to do that way for a reason. In cases like this then the answer is it's not right. That's in a build log.

If you are thinking about posting several "my way" pics in someone else build log then ask them about it first. Understanding if they say No Thank You.

Another party on a different site (maybe here also) Does his build log in pdf form, questions, comments are in the normal log.

Later 42rocker

Current Build -- Finishing a 1:1 House that I've been building for a while

Current Build -- Triton Cross Section

If a Builder DOESN'T want someone else's photos in their Build log but someone puts one (or more) in anyway - contact a Moderator via PM and they can be removed.

If someone posts pics on another's Build Log - and the author of the Build Log has already said he doesn't want any one else's pics - then the offender will be dealt with as we see fit.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Agreed

Current Build:

La Nina, Latina - Wood / 1:65

On The Shelf:

San Francisco II, Latina - Wood 1/90,     U.S.S. Constitution, Revell - Plastic  / 1:96 (Remake),     H.M.S. Bounty, Latina - Wood / 1:48,     H.M.S. /Mayflower, Latina - Wood / 1:64,     La Pinta, Latina, Latina - Wood / 1:65,     La Santa Maria, Latina - Wood / 1:65,

Completed:

San Francisco / Cross Section, Latina - Wood / 1:50,     Coastal Submarine, Revell - Plastic / 1:144,     Cutty Sark Wall Plaque, Revell - Plastic / 1:50,     H.M.S. Victory, Revell - Plastic / 1:146,

H.M.S. Bounty, Constructo - Wood / 1:50,     Oseberg, Billings Boats - Wood / 1:25,     Clipper Ship (Sea Witch), Unknown - Wood / 1:46,     U.S.S. Constitution, Revell - Plastic / 1:96,    

Man Of War, Scientific - Wood / 1:50,     Robert E. Lee, Scientific - Wood / 1:45,     PT-109, Revell - Plastic / 1:72,     U.S.S. Enterprise, Revell - Plastic / 1:720,    

R.M.S. Titanic, Revell - Plastic / 1:720,     Numerous other wooded tall ships and boats from companies named: Ideal, Dumas, Pyro.

A few have posted pictures in my build log, but each time it was only after I had a question. I found the pictures of great help on how to do something, or fix something. I tend to learn very well by reading instructions, however, in this particular "hobby" it is pictures that illustrate words and create understanding in my mind, so I don't mind the pics at all.

I have to say again, all the pics added by others were relevant to the query I posed. I have never had anyone post pics that didn't help to answer the question in some way, I might be offended if someone did, but I like to think most of the members here wouldn't just hijack someone else's log in that way. I know for a fact, those who are following mine would not.

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)