There is a 3D printing company under Shapeways call Model Monkey. They have a lot of ships parts in a variety of scales and cover Age of Sail to more recent offerings. They have just announced ship's wheels for a number of British and US ships.

Here is one page of their catalog: https://modelmonkey.wixsite.com/modelmonkey/1-16-1-200-scales

Here's one for ship of the line ships wheels in 1:72 scale: https://www.shapeways.com/product/JJNDUKWSQ/1-72-wheel-and-pedestal-for-ships-of-the-line

If you want to replace carronades they have them also: https://www.shapeways.com/product/67LWD97AK/1-72-royal-navy-68-pounder-carronades-set-of-2

Scout around their site.  Just thought I'd highlight a site that supports the hobby.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Last year I posted the same site, I was in contact with a designer and he can duplicate the piece that is needed, just give the measures...

https://www.shapeways.com/create

Edited by Captain Poison

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

The Shapeways printers are much higher resolution than the ones you can buy, reasonably. Theirs run in $10,000s of dollars. As in many things in life, money brings quality.

In my experience, depending on your scale, larger pieces can be printed in 1/96th scale smaller in 1/64th or greater. In HO (1/87.1), They have successfully printed 1 1/2" rivet detail for me. In 1/64th some larger cleats. and cheek blocks.

If anyone needs a figurehead, let me know.. I'll send it in the mail (free).

20180207_114517_HDR1.jpg

20180207_114553_HDR1.jpg

20180207_114349_HDR1.jpg

Edited by Captain Poison

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

4 hours ago, kopeikin said:

Do they sell just a 3D parts software so the customer prints the part on his own printer or they sell already printed parts? On th ewheel you sent the link to I see just a nice 3D pictures, no pics of printed parts.

They print the parts, you get a choice of printable materials. If you have a design ready to go, you'd have to work with them to get it printed. Like Ron says, they have high end printers with finer resolution than a home unit. I have a friend who wanted to print HO scale pipe tees ready to go. He had to adjust the orientation and resolution to the point that the purchaser has to drill out the tees for 0.019" wire (typical train air line for the brake system).

My intention was to show a site with a lot of aftermarket details for mostly iron/steel navy ships. The guys building more modern ships may want finer detail on gun turrets and hose reels or replace bridge/conning tower structures.  The armor and model railroaders have adopted a lot of these improvements. I'm not a CAD guy, so I'm impressed with the work these folks do.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

• 1 month later...

Model Monkey, a Shapeways company has announced Brodie galley stoves in 1/64 thru 1/100 scales. Link: https://www.shapeways.com/product/LNBLACC6X/1-64-quot-brodie-quot-galley-stove-for-19th-century-ships?li=shareProduct

Ken

Model Monkey is very reasonable. if he doesn't have something you want you can send him a jpg of the part and he will model it for you. He has done this for me and I was very happy with the speed, price, & quality. If you have a design you want to print. I have access to several 3D printers and I would be glad to print them for you for just the cost of postage. But as mentioned above, I cannot match the quality of Shapeways.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

• 3 weeks later...

CDW - This is not true. Shapeways will print any design in 4 different materials - PLA, A different Plastic, Gold, & Silver. of course the Gold & Silver will cost more. The intended Market for the gold & silver is jewelry design. I am not going to tell you this is cheap but it is doable.

PS 3D printing is moving in the direction of printing almost any material. Including Drugs.

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

9 minutes ago, fnkershner said:

CDW - This is not true. Shapeways will print any design in 4 different materials - PLA, A different Plastic, Gold, & Silver. of course the Gold & Silver will cost more. The intended Market for the gold & silver is jewelry design. I am not going to tell you this is cheap but it is doable.

PS 3D printing is moving in the direction of printing almost any material. Including Drugs.

Well, it IS true...that GE was the only ones I had seen do it. That is what I said. But you taught me something I didn't know - that Shapeways can 3D print in gold or silver.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at the materials you can 3D print with already:

https://www.shapeways.com/materials/

Steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, etc.

Samuel Pepys notes in his diary on 19 July 1667: "the Dutch fleets being in so many places, that Sir W. Batten at table cried, By God,says he, I think the Devil shits Dutchmen."

As mentioned above. Shapeways has recently increased the list of materials they support.

Stainless Steel

Bronze

Brass

Aluminum

Porcelain Ceramic

Several colors of various Plastics. 

This list is growing. I suggest keeping an eye here.