Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Some fine detail on those shots Ferit, I like the neat little sheave for the Fore sheets, very nicely done. :)

B.E.

Very nice work as ever Ferit.

What are the ropes that we can see in the background?

Thank you B.E. and Juergen for the kind comments and for eyeing all details...

Another talent: Visual flair...

The neat little sheave in fact, has a circular wood of piece inside to simulate a pulley, but being left in shade it had not been seen in photos...

And the ropes in the background are the shrouds...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Hi Juergen,

You are right and have a very kind manner in your notice... smileys-happy-775829.gif

I don't think that the shrouds were white...

But I decided to left them as the kit had supplied...

I think my decision is wrong but I don't want another effort to buy and replace the ropes, I am an obsessive man and sometimes this temper fatigues me and sometimes to break this temper makes me feel happy... that situation is one of them...

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Juergen,

You are right and have a very kind manner in your notice... smileys-happy-775829.gif

I don't think that the shrouds were white...

But I decided to left them as the kit had supplied...

I think my decision is wrong but I don't want another effort to buy and replace the ropes, I am an obsessive man and sometimes this temper fatigues me and sometimes to break this temper makes me feel happy... that situation is one of them...

I haven't done this myself (yet) but I believe you can darken the shrouds with 'India Ink'.  I'm sure others with more experience can provide more insight, but would seem to be an straightforward task.  She is looking wonderful, and I'm sure whatever you decide it will look great.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

I haven't done this myself (yet) but I believe you can darken the shrouds with 'India Ink'.  I'm sure others with more experience can provide more insight, but would seem to be an straightforward task.  She is looking wonderful, and I'm sure whatever you decide it will look great.

Thank you Jason for the suggestion... Good idea that I have never heard...

That was registered... I can try it but I have starched the ropes already... They shouldn't absorb the Indian ink???

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Nice seeing the deadeyes going in.  First rate work.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Ferit,

As usual superlative work. Did you make those?. I'm sure you did. And if you did, would you have a few pics that you could post?

I'm close to also installing the chainplates, but I don't like those that came with the ship. Your artistry is always so helpful.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hi Ferit,

That looks great!

Did you use beeswax on the lanyards?

When I magnify the pictures, it looks a little fuzzy…...

With beeswax you gonna avoid that.

But on the other hand….maybe the rope gets dirty when you do that.

Don't forget to seizing the end of the rope to the shroud…...

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Ferit,

That looks great!

Did you use beeswax on the lanyards?

When I magnify the pictures, it looks a little fuzzy…...

With beeswax you gonna avoid that.

But on the other hand….maybe the rope gets dirty when you do that.

Don't forget to seizing the end of the rope to the shroud…

Thank you Sjors,

I didn't use beeswax on the ropes...

I think that I can burn the fuzz with snap fire... Bad idea...m1311.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

As usual superlative work. Did you make those?. I'm sure you did. And if you did, would you have a few pics that you could post?

I'm close to also installing the chainplates, but I don't like those that came with the ship. Your artistry is always so helpful.

Regards,

Michael

Your kindness as always...

Thank you Michael.

These all parts were supplied by Corel, they aren't scratch unfortunately, if only I can...

I have drawn how I had acted...

post-2145-0-94857500-1373050974_thumb.png

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

Thanks. I think that the Corel supplied chainmail looks really excellent. I would have used them as well. Your idea is good. i need to think about hoe to do mine.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Very nice Ferit... as usual :)

I like your chainplates a lot and am in need of creating some and yours are an excellent example of what I want... I intend to make them of 20 gauge copper and blacken... hope you don't mind if I copy your design... I also like the top threading under the deadeye, gives a nice finished look.... might do that as well.

You've inspired me to do better and i thank you for that :)

Hi Ferit,

It's such a joy to watch your Berlin taking shape.

Are you familiar with silver soldering? I'm not yet to the point where I've done any myself, but I've read here of instances where unsoldered rings and such may open up under the tension of the rigging, allowing it to sag. The wrapping and gluing might be adequate, but it's something to consider. There is a silver soldering tutorial in the article downloads section.

Cheers,

Brian

"Give you joy!"

Current Build: RATTLESNAKE 1:64 POB (Mamoli)

Kits on hand: "Lexington", Mamoli: "Robert E. Lee", Scientific

Scratch to do: "Fannie Dugan", 1870s Sidewheeler Steamboat

Very nice Ferit... as usual :)

I like your chainplates a lot and am in need of creating some and yours are an excellent example of what I want... I intend to make them of 20 gauge copper and blacken... hope you don't mind if I copy your design... I also like the top threading under the deadeye, gives a nice finished look.... might do that as well.

You've inspired me to do better and i thank you for that :)

Thank you Randy, such nourishing words you say!...

As I have no knowledge and experience about soldering I have used glue... I had to go on with the kit supply. I can suggest you to make the gap, namely the junction point in the part located under the rope...

post-2145-0-71792600-1373089300_thumb.png

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Ferit,

It's such a joy to watch your Berlin taking shape.

Are you familiar with silver soldering? I'm not yet to the point where I've done any myself, but I've read here of instances where unsoldered rings and such may open up under the tension of the rigging, allowing it to sag. The wrapping and gluing might be adequate, but it's something to consider. There is a silver soldering tutorial in the article downloads section.

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Brian, thank you for the kind comment and the information...

There are many techniques and manners I see at MSW. I became aware of them in course of time. (Many thanks to all...)

Soldering is the top solution. If only I can... But I flee from it. If I should have enough information I have not any experience and don't know if I can handle it. Experience is as important as knowledge, I think. But I had a try with the tension, fortunately the glued dead eye with CA has remained very stable...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

i like the white shrouds - are you going to contrast the ratlines in black - or keep it all the same colour?

all the best

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

i like the white shrouds - are you going to contrast the ratlines in black - or keep it all the same colour?

all the best

Hello Kevin,

I am waiting with patience your updates on HMS Victory, clean and impeccable build. I have found your Log tardy, decided to follow it but unfortunately you have come to a stop...m1516.gif

Speaking of Berlin, I will keep all ropes natural hemp color...

I have learned that static ropes have to be dark color, brown or black and active ropes white or cream. But meanwhile I saw in some Corel's finished models showed via internet, all ropes in natural hemp color, that event has pleased and encouraged me to go with the natural hemp color.

Black is only in metal work and glasses of the windows...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Thanks for the tip Ferit. I tried a few prototypes and found bending the wire and trying to connect at the deadeye was impossible so I changed the junction point further down to the bottom. I'll have to solder but at least I shouldn't light my wooden deadeyes on fire.

No matter what tho it will be better than the wire stuff from AL... I hope :)

Thanks for the tip Ferit. I tried a few prototypes and found bending the wire and trying to connect at the deadeye was impossible so I changed the junction point further down to the bottom. I'll have to solder but at least I shouldn't light my wooden deadeyes on fire.

No matter what tho it will be better than the wire stuff from AL... I hope :)

Hello Randy,

I believe that you can manage it very shapely... as your impressive SF...

I saw your AL's supply. I am sure that to compare kit supply with your oncoming scratch will be meaningless... In addition you know how to solder...

An another suggestion, sorry...

post-2145-0-29607100-1373121210_thumb.png

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Thank you Ferit. Your confidence in me is uplifiting. I always like your suggestions too and your drawing looks very similar to the way I just did a prototype with the bottom ring forming around a fat 1.5mm sewing needle stuck into a board. I need the junction to be farther from the deadeye tho as when I solder I fear the flame being that close to the wooden deadeye. In that case I probably will not wrap the top.

True, I know how to solder but not well enough to make it an easy time.... most of the time it is trial and error ... I have to do 30 deadeyes with strops and around number 15 or so I'll start to get a rhythm ;) I hope!

Edited by lamarvalley

Thank you Ferit. Your confidence in me is uplifiting. I always like your suggestions too and your drawing looks very similar to the way I just did a prototype with the bottom ring forming around a fat 1.5mm sewing needle stuck into a board. I need the junction to be farther from the deadeye tho as when I solder I fear the flame being that close to the wooden deadeye. In that case I probably will not wrap the top.

True, I know how to solder but not well enough to make it an easy time.... most of the time it is trial and error ... I have to do 30 deadeyes with strops and around number 15 or so I'll start to get a rhythm ;) I hope!

Randy, I have just realized that the problem is to burn the deadeye with fire. Excuse me because of my inattentiveness.

In my kit supply if to glue the deadeye remains stable, your scratch would be more stable with CA and more easy and more speedy...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ahoy Ferit :D

Looking at your pictures and not ever having silver soldered any deadeye hardware I would think that you could close the "gap" as you have it named in your pic without the wooden deadeye installed. Provided you were neat with the solder and did not attach the two linear sections you would then be able to place a wedge between the linear parts, opening the circle just enough to then insert the deadeye.  Once the wedge is removed it should secure the deadeye

This being said I really think what you have done will work just fine. Maybe I will try this on my Berlin build. This after I finish my current build which as we both know will be some time from now.  :D

PS: She looks great

Edited by JPett

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

Ahoy J.Pett, :D

In fact what I mentioned "gap" is the junction point. The round wire had been left loose to allow installing the deadeye, for this reason there was a gap. But once the deadeye has been installed the wire was compacted firmly then the gap became a junction point...

But the soldering is the best solution and your suggestion was registered...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

I'll let you know if it works, figure around 2020 "lol"

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

Hello Kevin,

I am waiting with patience your updates on HMS Victory, clean and impeccable build. I have found your Log tardy, decided to follow it but unfortunately you have come to a stop...m1516.gif

Speaking of Berlin, I will keep all ropes natural hemp color...

I have learned that static ropes have to be dark color, brown or black and active ropes white or cream. But meanwhile I saw in some Corel's finished models showed via internet, all ropes in natural hemp color, that event has pleased and encouraged me to go with the natural hemp color.

Black is only in metal work and glasses of the windows...

Sorry 

real life gets in the way - full time work lots of DIY on the house - big garden - and the biggest surprise of all - that my daughter who i lost 15 years ago has made contact, i progress with the build when i get the chance - no one more than me wants to get on with it - not quite sure you mean by tardy though, lol it doesnt mean anything special in the English dictionary - if you do mean that - then im afraid i am unable to improve on my own work

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat