Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Sorry 

real life gets in the way - full time work lots of DIY on the house - big garden - and the biggest surprise of all - that my daughter who i lost 15 years ago has made contact, i progress with the build when i get the chance - no one more than me wants to get on with it - not quite sure you mean by tardy though, lol it doesnt mean anything special in the English dictionary - if you do mean that - then im afraid i am unable to improve on my own work

Oh no Kevin...

I had not paid any attention to your Log then one day I had stopped by and loved your build and decided to follow it. Your build had came at some stage when I found it. I tried to mention that, shame for my English level... Let me know which is the correct word.

I know the life is a war, not a victory nor defeat... I hope all around you will bring you the goodness...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Oh no Kevin...

I had not paid any attention to your Log then one day I had stopped by and loved your build and decided to follow it. Your build had came at some stage when I found it. I tried to mention that, shame for my English level... Let me know which is the correct word.

I know the life is a war, not a victory nor defeat... I hope all around you will bring you the goodness...

i admire people like you that make an attempt to speak in the English language, full credit to you and everyone, i leant one to ten in French and then failed an exam as i was to stupid to realise that my name is the same in any language, and i tried to translate it

as for the right word - lol perhaps you used the right word (Tardy) in the first place -lol 

all the best

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

i admire people like you that make an attempt to speak in the English language, full credit to you and everyone, i leant one to ten in French and then failed an exam as i was to stupid to realise that my name is the same in any language, and i tried to translate it

as for the right word - lol perhaps you used the right word (Tardy) in the first place -lol 

all the best

One month ago I had written in a member's log the word "terrible" instead of "terrific"... I had thought that I had said a good thing... What a shame for me!... And you had corrected me... Thank you twice Kevin...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

what i like is that even with the language barrier - members try their hardest to make a comment instead of being sat back having no involvement,

credit to everyone 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Maybe that's the solution for me……….

Sat back and say nothing  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Sjors,

I am always surprised how you can make updates on your build while you chat with all members all around the world... :-)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Very easy Ferit,

In the morning after the morning coffee I'm sitting behind the pc and see what was going on during the night.

For us it is night and for the rest of the world daytime.

Then I go to the build and a few hours later I go back to the pc and see if there is some news.

If it is, I'm responding…..

Then It goes fast…...

So this is my last post for today , Anja has to go out of her bed at 5.00 am and I go with her to make her breakfast…..

When she comes home from work, I'll be just away for my work because I have the late shift from 15.45 till 00.45…..

Enjoy your day, evening or night and I'll see you tomorrow.

Very easy Ferit,

In the morning after the morning coffee I'm sitting behind the pc and see what was going on during the night.

For us it is night and for the rest of the world daytime.

Then I go to the build and a few hours later I go back to the pc and see if there is some news.

If it is, I'm responding…..

Then It goes fast…...

So this is my last post for today , Anja has to go out of her bed at 5.00 am and I go with her to make her breakfast…..

When she comes home from work, I'll be just away for my work because I have the late shift from 15.45 till 00.45…..

Enjoy your day, evening or night and I'll see you tomorrow.

What I summarize after four months is you enjoy your life... t5109.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

I'm very impressed with your shrouds and deadeyes.  On the color... the tar darkened with age.  So new rigging wouldn't be black. I did my Wasa all in light linen and I like the way it looks.  :)

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ferit, wonderful work, haven't checked your log for a bit and all of a sudden there are 3 pages of updates!  Love the look of the chains and shrouds, very clean and precise work indeed.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Ferit,

I'm very impressed with your shrouds and deadeyes.  On the color... the tar darkened with age.  So new rigging wouldn't be black. I did my Wasa all in light linen and I like the way it looks.  :)

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you Mark, for your kind comment, much appreciated...

Even if it's my decision to go with natural hemp color in all ropes, it sounds very good that light linen color is acceptable in modelling... Thank you again for the encouragement...

"On the color... the tar darkened with age"... She is a fetus yet... ;)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit, wonderful work, haven't checked your log for a bit and all of a sudden there are 3 pages of updates!  Love the look of the chains and shrouds, very clean and precise work indeed.

nice work on the deadeyes rigging :)

and thanks for sharing it 

Thank you Jason and ZyXuz, for visiting and for the good words, it is very appreciated...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit, your work is masterful as always. I can't wait to see more of your rigging.

Thank you Wolf, it's your kindness...

I follow your SF taking shape, really very cleanly and high in quality...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Beautiful work, your alignment looks perfect, the rope work looks fantastic as well, very authentic. Any secrets?

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Very, very nice.

By the way, 25 years ago my HMS Victory cross section came with all one color, light tan line for both running and standing rigging.  I used it and am happy to report that is has darkened uniformly and looks very nice as of this day.  Of course yours is of a much higher calibre installation and is just going to look great.

Carry on, Mate.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Very, very nice.

By the way, 25 years ago my HMS Victory cross section came with all one color, light tan line for both running and standing rigging.  I used it and am happy to report that is has darkened uniformly and looks very nice as of this day.  Of course yours is of a much higher calibre installation and is just going to look great.

Carry on, Mate.

It's a honor for me, the support of the spider whisperer (from Buck) m1210.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Beautiful work, your alignment looks perfect, the rope work looks fantastic as well, very authentic. Any secrets?

Thank you Jason... The secret that my work seems to be good, is that you don't start rigging yet... (I follow all stages of your impressive build)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

Perfect, of course. Those small gaps in your spools, along with the end tie off's are so precise. I also now have my visual guide on how exactly I want my Standing rigging lines running from the chain plate to look; exactly like yours (:-)

Did you use G-S Hypo?  I am at the point where I need to finally buy some of that glue that you suggested in an earlier post.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Did you use G-S Hypo?  I am at the point where I need to finally buy some of that glue that you suggested in an earlier post.

Regards,

Michael

Thank you Michael for your kindness...

Yes, I use G-S Hypo in all rigging works, especially in spirals (I don't know the correct word).

post-2145-0-15029200-1373649114_thumb.png

post-2145-0-80357800-1373649117.png

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Wow ferit,

A 10+ for you !!!!!!

That looks awesome…...

What kind of rope are you using?

Thank you Sjors, for your very kind words as always...

Ropes are kit supply, nothing special

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Ferit:

I feel like I've been starved for pictures of your beautiful Berlin! And now I see you're on to the rigging! It's looking good close up but I'd love to catch a glimpse of the whole thing....but maybe you're saving that for later.....

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy