Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Ferit,

Those detail photographs show up your work beautifully. Everything looks in full harmony with the rest of the ship. I feel as though I could almost climb on board.

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

Very enjoyable build! love it, Daniel

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

Very enjoyable build! love it, Daniel

Thank you Daniel, for your thought...

Last night I discovered a really enjoyable, strangely funny build log... If only it would be a log as Amusing Story Build Logs in Progress here... Your MS Trinkstein by dafi - SOS - Stone on Soil - Flush deck frigate of the Austrian Mountain Navy topic is really fantastic...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Ferit,

Those detail photographs show up your work beautifully. Everything looks in full harmony with the rest of the ship. I feel as though I could almost climb on board.

Thank you Ian, for your kind comments,

BTW, I follow your Log in which there are sub-Logs... One of them, I think, should be Metal Scratch Build of a Boiler Sub-Log, fabulous it is!...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Thank you Daniel, for your thought...

Last night I discovered a really enjoyable, strangely funny build log... If only it would be a log as Amusing Story Build Logs in Progress here... Your MS Trinkstein by dafi - SOS - Stone on Soil - Flush deck frigate of the Austrian Mountain Navy topic is really fantastic...

He put it here also: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/349-sms-trinkstein-by-dafi-sos-stone-on-soil-flush-deck-frigate-of-the-austrian-mountain-navy/  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark,

I had linked MS Trinkstein by dafi - SOS - Stone on Soil - Flush deck frigate of the Austrian Mountain Navy to your noticed link http://modelshipworl...-mountain-navy/.   ;)

The two links open to the same story that should be read...   :)

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Catching back up on your progress Ferit, once again wonderful workmanship all around!

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

It's always a pleasure to give a look in your log, Ferit. I see, now you're doing stays (just where I have been stopping my Berlin :huh:) and ... who knows ... maybe the looking to your good work will give me a new motivation to finish that model.

I'm really curious to see all your rigging.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Foremast

If any of you cry at my funeral, I'll never speak to you again! (Stan Laurel)

Fabulous,super neat work as always Ferit.

Kind Regards Nigel

Catching back up on your progress Ferit, once again wonderful workmanship all around!

Looks brilliant !!!

Thank you Nigel, Jason and Chris, it's pleasure to receive your kindness and gentle thoughts...

It's always a pleasure to give a look in your log, Ferit. I see, now you're doing stays (just where I have been stopping my Berlin :huh:) and ... who knows ... maybe the looking to your good work will give me a new motivation to finish that model.

I'm really curious to see all your rigging.

Cheers

Alex

Saluto Alex,

Grazie... for your nice comments...

An unfinished model staying untouched henceforth is like remaining offended with a friend, this is too annoying... It is needed to make peace with him...

Wish you re-begin your Berlin... ;)

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Always a joy to behold! I'm wondering, Ferit - did you bend the wood for the crow's nests or did those come as CNC or laser cut parts? Just wondering how the crow's nest was worked up - it is very elegant looking!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Ferit,

I won't repeat what everyone else has said and I agree with them.  Inspirational building you are doing.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Yup, some kind of magic touch you have there Ferit! Everything you've touched is golden!

Many thanks Buck... but not golden, it's because of the photos taken under yellow light...  m0161.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

I won't repeat what everyone else has said and I agree with them.  Inspirational building you are doing.

Your kind words are much appreciated Mark, it's always very pleasant for me to hear them...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Always a joy to behold! I'm wondering, Ferit - did you bend the wood for the crow's nests or did those come as CNC or laser cut parts? Just wondering how the crow's nest was worked up - it is very elegant looking!

hamilton

Thank you Hamilton as always...

As described at Pages 16 and 17  it's only a time consuming process... Before I have begun, this phase had been scaring me... But after the begining I realized that the main factor is the patience... The skill was layabout...

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

• 2 weeks later...

Ferit, very nice build. I have been to Istanbul, and really enjoyed the city....it is dynamic, and one of my favorite cities in the world.

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Ferit, very nice build. I have been to Istanbul, and really enjoyed the city....it is dynamic, and one of my favorite cities in the world.

Many thanks John, for dropping in, nice comments for my build and my city. You are right I feel every day that the city is alive, vivid, like an organic living being...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

Brilliant as usual !!

R/  Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa