Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

i am at present house training my spiders - i bought them off the web (lol) laughing at my own joke

should be ready to work for me by this time next year

all the best

i love the ratlines

:D

Kevin, this is a brilliant investment... After a weighty period of webbing, rigging; as Victory is a hulking ship with countless ropes everywhere, your spiders will be full masters... If after those hard and painful time, they will overcome and survive, you can sell them, your master spiders, on e-bay at high prices...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

I haven't posted on your build for a long time Ferit but don't think that I have been ignoring you. I look in at every new post.

Your Berlin is looking magnificent and you should be very proud of your achievements so far. You have done some beautiful work on her. Like all your watchers I know that the rest of the rigging will be perfect. Çok akıllı örümcekler!

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

I haven't posted on your build for a long time Ferit but don't think that I have been ignoring you. I look in at every new post.

Your Berlin is looking magnificent and you should be very proud of your achievements so far. You have done some beautiful work on her. Like all your watchers I know that the rest of the rigging will be perfect. Çok akıllı örümcekler!

Many thanks Yambo, for nice comments...

I was really thinking that you had left my Log... I was imagining that if your absence was not because of my style of building, it should be because of the spring-summer season, at Turunç, sun and sea, liveliness and ease B)...  It's so pleasant to receive now such kind opinion from you...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Wow Ferit! I come back from a week's vacation and here's what I've been waiting for - some very gratifying photos of an amazing build! I'll echo other people here - the ratlines look great and seeing the Berlin in a wide angle is very satisfying. The high angle shot looking to the deck captures the details you've added very well. A real inspiration!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Wow Ferit! I come back from a week's vacation and here's what I've been waiting for - some very gratifying photos of an amazing build! I'll echo other people here - the ratlines look great and seeing the Berlin in a wide angle is very satisfying. The high angle shot looking to the deck captures the details you've added very well. A real inspiration!

hamilton

Hi Hamilton,

Thank you for the nice boost...

As for me, I do wait for your updates, with curiosity for your decision and result about hull ornaments on your HMS Blandford...

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Great job as allways Ferit!

/Matti

Matti, I am thinking if I had made something wrong by not painting Berlin after every visit to your Wasan but not with Matti-red of course... m0740.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

I was imagining that if your absence was not because of my style of building, it should be because of the spring-summer season, at Turunç, sun and sea, liveliness and ease B)... 

I've had family and friends staying since May both at my house and in the village Ferit - it's great to have time with my grandchildren and help them enjoy their holiday. With people in the house I have to convert my work room into a bedroom and spend what would normally be hobby time doing other things like swimming, snorkeling, and eating out (no-one wants to cook when they come to visit, why is that?). But my house is now empty . . .

Despite it's charms, Turunç is quiet this year with tourist numbers down. Some of my friends will suffer a bit I think. 

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

After a quick google search of Turnac I think I would spend far more time enjoying that beautiful water and coastline than in a room with little pieces of wood ;) Very nice landscapes!

Thank you Randy...

But it should be preferable the naturalness and the wildness, the untouched beauties along Lamar Valley...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Ferit. Looking very good indeed. Your deadeyes are all nicely aligned, I haven't figured how to do them like that yet. Ratlines are nice and tidy. She'll be a very nice ship. Lovely work.

Thank you Mathewp for your usual nice comments...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

I seem to be always catching up.

The rigging is superb and I love that birds eye shot from the crows nest. You always have such interestingly posed photos.

She really coming to life as the rigging fills her out. Great job again as always :dancetl6:

Thank you Keith, for your kindness...

But I begin to like to follow and to contemplate others builds here rather than to build my Berlin... :(

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Always looks natural and perfect Ferit. Outstanding! :)

As to valley versus shore... truth is lamar valley is special, to me, and I have a great fondness for it but it is second to a seashore. The waves, the salty air, the sounds, so much activity along with the mystery of the oceans... Lamar valley was picked because I couldn't name just only one ocean related place...LV is great and I love it but a seashore environment is where I will relocate one day.

Always looks natural and perfect Ferit. Outstanding! :)

As to valley versus shore... truth is lamar valley is special, to me, and I have a great fondness for it but it is second to a seashore. The waves, the salty air, the sounds, so much activity along with the mystery of the oceans... Lamar valley was picked because I couldn't name just only one ocean related place...LV is great and I love it but a seashore environment is where I will relocate one day.

You are right Randy, H2O is the life...

The blue is tranquility, the waves are motion... deepness, horizon, no boundaries, wind, sun, behind is the green... yes you are right... The wildness is something for running away occasionally, often or rarely... BTW I'm a fan of the NatGeo Channel...

And thank you Randy, for your gentle thought...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

You keep "outdoing yourself"; each update is more excellent than the one before. Your deck detail photos are amazing. Thanks for the larger format pics, they help us to appreciate your super detailing.

Regards,   Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

As usual a great job Ferit !

How you do it is for me a riddle but I like it  :D

Sjors is right. There is something magical about your work that makes it so realistic. I'd like to know how you do it too!

Thank you Sjors and Buck, it's very fine to hear your optimistic thoughts...

Don't tell please anybody else...  m0730.gif

But I have a few mini rhinos working under my authority...  m0161.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

King Midas had a magic touch. He lived in the Phrygia region of the Anatolia kingdom. Turns out that's westen Turkey. Maybe you are a decendant of King Midas....

-Buck

Current build: AL Morgan's Whaleboat (1st build)

Kits in the ships locker: I cannot confirm nor deny that there may be a few kits in there...

Ferit,

You keep "outdoing yourself"; each update is more excellent than the one before. Your deck detail photos are amazing. Thanks for the larger format pics, they help us to appreciate your super detailing.

Regards,   Michael

Thank you very much Michael for your bona fides...  m0738.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

King Midas had a magic touch. He lived in the Phrygia region of the Anatolia kingdom. Turns out that's westen Turkey. Maybe you are a decendant of King Midas....

Oh!... No... No...

m1826.gif

I don't want my ears grow longer!...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Ferit:

I know I've asked before for wide shots to see the state of the whole thing, but I have to say I love the detail photos, too - it doesn't seem to matter how close you get the camera to the model - it still shows an absolutely flawless build! Inspiring work

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Ferit,

Every post you make, Berlin just gets better and better.   Excellent work...  you are a master. post-76-0-45354900-1376459957.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Ferit:

I know I've asked before for wide shots to see the state of the whole thing, but I have to say I love the detail photos, too - it doesn't seem to matter how close you get the camera to the model - it still shows an absolutely flawless build! Inspiring work

hamilton

Thank you Hamilton, for your gracious thoughts... as always...

Have a safe and happy trip by the way, happy union of the son, the father and the grand-father... of the three generations...

I feel ashamed for being obstinate not taking a wide shot, not showing the entire ship in one photo, my apologizes but it remains a bit of time to finish all masts. I want a little patience... She wants to be seen in her whole stature...  m0161.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ferit,

Every post you make, Berlin just gets better and better.   Excellent work...  you are a master. attachicon.gifenaccord9.gif

Thank you Mark,

You are so brownstone and so generous...  m1210.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU